Have you ever enjoyed Arnold®, Brownberry® or Oroweat® bread? A Thomas’® English muffin or bagel? Or perhaps snacked on a Sara Lee®, Entenmann’s® or Marinela® cake or donut? If the answer is yes, then you know Bimbo Bakeries USA!
The Customer Executive will represent Bimbo Bakeries USA’s Central Business Unit Sr. Director Customers. This position will be responsible for the sales and profit of all BBU products within assigned customers including, but not limited to KVAT/Food City and others. This position will also be responsible for managing corporate selling efforts; including promotional strategies, new items, displays, marketing initiatives. This position will be required to build and maintain solid business relationships with all decision makers within the customer as well as with internal business unit partners.
Key Job Responsibilities:
Ensure compliance with all BBU safety programs promoted by the organization.
- Ensure a safe working environment for all associates through safety programs promoted by the organization.
- Responsible for improving overall sales of all BBU company products in all assigned major customers.
- Provide leadership and direction for all assigned customer activities serving as a liaison between Customer team and Sales Operations organization.
- Provide strategic direction and a plans for assigned customers that intend to positively impact and influence BBU’s short and long-term strategic priorities.
- Develop and implement commercial bakery strategies utilizing BBU’s strategic brands to develop customer’s category and increase BBU share.
- Responsible for any headquarter and member/group level business reviews with assigned customers.
- Convey timely contracts, incentive programs and marketing initiatives, and maintain up to date customer pricing files both internally via BBU’s systems and with within customer’s systems.
- Garner competitive Intel and develop action items that bring about overall improvement to BBU strategic brand portfolio.
- Responsible for pre and post analysis on all promotions, in tandem with Customer Planning team, to identify and correct missed opportunities.
- Functionally partner with Customer Planning and Sales Operations teams to maximize strategic priorities including growth and profitability in sales and freshness.
- Work with Finance team to create annual customer budgets and manage overall customer spend including, but not limited to, temporary pricing changes, promotional activity, marketing programs, marketing contracts, display execution, category management
- Full year projection and volume forecast accuracy
- Develop and present business plans to attain sustainable growth and achieve true profits on an as-directed cadence.
- Responsible for cultivating and maintaining long-term productive relationships with all retail customers assigned.
- Provide strategic direction that influences BBU’s short and long-term decision making
- Represent the company professionally during customer interaction and business activities.
- Additional duties as assigned. i.e. Corporate Brands Ownership, Import & Snack Management, Etc
Bimbo Bakeries USA is part of Grupo Bimbo, the world’s largest baking company with operations in 32 countries. Bimbo Bakeries USA (“BBUSA”) includes BBUSA and its subsidiaries and affiliated entities, including, but not limited to, Wholesome Harvest Baking, East Balt, and Acelerada. BBUSA employs 20,000 associates across the U.S. in bakeries, sales centers, corporate offices and on sales routes to ensure our consumers have the freshest products to feed their families at every meal. But our associates come to work for much more – the chance to feed their own lives through exciting work that offers the opportunity to make a real difference in their professional and personal lives every day.
Bachelor Degree in business or related field, plus 5-7 years of related experience in customer relations or sales. CPG/DSD experience is a plus. A combination of education, training and experience that results in demonstrated competency to perform the work may be substituted.
Ideal candidate will possess:
- Strong project management skills.
- At least 6 months experience leading and influencing others.
- Requires excellent written and oral communication skills, as well as the ability to effectively negotiate and influence others.
- Excellent organizational and planning skills.
- Computer skills and proficiency, specifically PowerPoint, Excel, and Word, SharePoint and Outlook is required.
- Bilingual - English/Spanish a plus.
- Must have strong analytical skills including financial reporting.
- Strong working knowledge of sales processes and procedures, space management programs and DSD operations.
- P&L, business analysis & merchandising experience preferred.
- Knowledge of IRI, and margin miner a plus.
- Travel Required at minimum 25%, increased dependent upon location, or as needed.
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Ability to respond effectively to direction if needed; works primarily as an independent contributor.
- Ability to work independently with limited supervision but maintain strong cross-functional relationships across teams
- Guides junior colleagues to set tasks and achieve objectives within project timeline.
- Accountable to lead entire projects having modest scope/impact or portions of projects having considerable scope/impact to business results.
- Ability to manage an advanced area of work.
- Ability to manage a moderately complex problem.
- Ability to exchange detailed information and communicate messages to reach consensus.
- Ability to manage a project budget.
- Seek potential new business and perform special projects and assignments as requested by Leadership.
- Ability to provide a high level of customer support and service
- Results achiever
- Experience and expertise in customer negotiations.
- Excellent presentation and communication skills required.
- Additional duties as assigned.
physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that
must be met by an associate to successfully perform the essential functions of
this job. Reasonable accommodations may be requested to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.
Consumer Packaged Goods