Schneider is seeking a Diesel Technician to join our thriving team! Our Diesel Technicians perform preventative maintenance, component replacements and troubleshoot on Schneider's fleet of trailers and trucks. In this role, you will replace tires, install brakes, and complete electrical and safety inspections. You will have the autonomy to make value-based decisions and will have the opportunity to continue to develop within the industry and to advance your career within Schneider!About the Role:
As an Associate you will enjoy:
- Maintain, inspect, and repair tractor systems such as fuel, engine, transmissions, electrical, brakes, steering, satellite/cellular systems, HVAC, drivelines, tires, and body work.
- Utilize forklift and possibly company vehicles to unload, stock, and pick up parts at local vendors, dealers, and suppliers.
- Consult paper documentation and electronic instructions to understand, document, and complete work orders.
- Utilize paper and computer systems to accurately build, track, and complete repairs including the tracking of time, parts used, and work completed.
- Schneider offers a clean, safe working environment, with company paid training, safety shoe program and uniforms provided by the company
- Performance based pay plan, paid weekly with hourly rate vs flat rate, referral rewards program
- Paid vacation, flex days and Holiday pay as well as a company matched 401K, fully funded Retirement and Profit Share plan
- Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription, Short Term Disability and Life Insurance, and wellness programs available to include smoking cessation and adoption benefits, flexible spending account
- Education reimbursement program plus individual development opportunities, active leadership involvement and more than 170 online personal development courses
Successful candidates will have:
- An Associates Degree or two years equivalent work experience.
- A Technical degree, Certificate or Diploma in Engines, Diesel Technology, or Electronics.
- A Certification as an Annual Vehicle and or Brake Inspector.
- A proficiency in Microsoft Windows, creative problem solving, analytical skills, strong communication, and attention to detail.
- An ability to complete the role required training within 12 months of hire and to provide your own tools within 30 days of hire (Shop leader will cover required tools).
Schneider is a premier provider of transportation and logistics services. Our legacy started in 1935 with one man, one truck and one dream. Since then, we’ve grown and evolved to become a $5 billion company (2018 revenue) with one of the broadest portfolios of services in the industry delivering superior customer experiences.The Schneider Way:
- We treat our customers, associates, shareholders and suppliers with integrity, dignity and respect.
- We are a desirable employer due to our dedication to achieving mutually beneficial, lasting relationships.
- We are a responsible member of the community.
- Safety-first and always
- Integrity in every action
- Respect for all
- Excellence in all that we do
Rise to the challenge and become a part of the Schneider family. Be the difference with a leader in an industry that impacts the world. Apply today at [ Link removed ]Schneider is an equal opportunity employer.
Attention To Detail
Hardworking And Dedicated