You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Project Manager - General Contractor
The Construction Project Manager is responsible for planning and supervising a wide range of construction projects from start to finish. The Project Manager will organize and oversee construction procedures and ensure they are completed in a timely and efficient manner.
My client is a leading commercial general contractor headquartered in Philadelphia, PA. Their diverse portfolio includes: Multifamily, Hospitality/Restaurants, Education/Institutional, Commercial/Corporate, New Construction, Historic Restoration, and Retail.
- Responsible for the management of the entire project, including scheduling, purchasing, quality and safety.
- Ability to participate in preconstruction services, including estimating and value engineering
- Supervisory responsibility for Project Engineer(s), Assistant Project Manager(s), and Construction Intern assigned to contract(s) and/or work orders
- Collaborate with other Project Manager(s) to find alternative solutions
- Collaborate and monitor Superintendent(s) performance on contracts and/or work orders
- Review and approve Assistant Project Manager proposals
- Negotiate financial disputes and change orders with owners
- Point of contact for project management staff, architects, subcontractors, owners, engineers and more
- Understand details of project scope of work
- Create and maintain project cost reports
- Document and negotiate changes that may affect project completion or contract costs with subcontractors and owners
- Develop field quality assurance and quality control plan with Superintendent
- Collaboration of project safety plan with Superintendent(s)
- Responsible for managing MBE/WBE subcontracting requirements
- Responsible for EEO/Affirmative action contract requirements
- Other duties as assigned
- BS in Construction Management or Engineering preferred
- 6-10 years of construction experience
- Ability to manage multiple projects and personnel simultaneously.
- Knowledge of construction, design, cost reporting and cash flow management.
- Computer skills, knowledge of Project Management, Scheduling, good communication and organizational skills are necessary.
- Experience with a general contractor is required
- 401(k) with company match
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Paid time off
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based on an individual's status in any group or class protected by applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all other qualified applicants.
- Forecasting Information
- Time Management
- Problem Solving
- Provide Actionable Feedback
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: JN -032023-5993207
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.