The Bakery Processing Operator, under general supervision, is responsible for the safe, efficient and continuous operation of processing/baking machinery. Essential Job Duties
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Operates the processing/baking equipment to produce product within guidelines established by Quality Assurance and to the highest possible standard of quality.
- Properly mixes ingredients; monitors correct temperature/moisture and makes adjustments accordingly; monitors product and removes any product that is improperly formed or overlapped.
- Operates and shuts down equipment in the processing/bakery area in accordance with established procedures to include change overs and preventative maintenance.
- Communicates and/or escalates quality issues to appropriate team members.
- Reads and understands batch sheets including following recipes and accurate weighing of raw materials.
- Monitors and logs current temperatures, mix times item numbers and raw material weights (piece weights of extruded product) and make adjustments accordingly.
- Monitors for possible foreign matter.
- Follows sanitation procedures for clean ups and change overs, including chemical handling.
- Tracks and disposes of waste accordingly.
- Moves raw ingredients using material handling equipment including but not limited to forklift and/or pallet jack.
- Maintains proper raw material levels at all times, unload raw materials trailer, and keeps appropriate personnel updated in raw material needs.
- If applicable, monitors correct seasoning coverage amount, makes adjustments accordingly
- Practices and adheres to appropriate safety and hygiene guidelines/procedures for safe housekeeping/5S and personal protection; keeps work area clean; stores supplies in designated areas; keeps work area aisles/exits clear and free from obstructions; removes trash from work area floor; follows instructions for safe lifting/carrying of various sizes, shapes, and weights of objects; identifies/reports defective equipment; reports all job-related injuries to supervision.
- Mandatory overtime may be required.
- May perform other duties as required.
Education and Experience
- Attention to detail, mechanical ability, ability to multi-task.
- Good written and verbal communication skills. Must be comfortable communicating to team members and leadership staff.
High School Diploma or GED required. Production experience in a manufacturing environment preferred.
CPT (Certified Production Technician) certification is a plus. Travel Required
Minimal travel may be required.