From smartphone capabilities like Digital Key to connected rooms that allow for integrated entertainment, temperature and lighting controls, Hilton's Global Technology team is building the hospitality experience of the future – for our guests, owners and Team Members. Through innovative technology development and deployment, this team ensures Hilton has the technology needed to support our continued global growth while remaining at the forefront of hospitality technology innovation.What will I be doing?
***The location for this position can be in McLean, VA or Memphis, TN.***
As a Senior Software Engineer, Platform Integration, you will apply your technical skills to maintain and improve our software and platform systems, methods, products, and techniques. You will work with build managers, architecture domains and other IT groups as part of the Corporate Systems team. You will be a critically important technical resource deployed within the context of business technology solution delivery projects to ensure overall stability and performance of our world-class applications.
You will be committed to being fully literate with complex software development concepts and methodologies as well as current development languages and methods.
Specifically, this position develops, tests, debugs, and documents application systems to achieve the objectives detailed in the business requirements. Demonstrating good technical expertise and analytical skills, the Senior SE works closely with Build Managers, Solution and Platform Architects and multi-functional teams to use technical skill and judgment to develop and design solutions that meet business requirements for Hilton's applications and platforms.
More specifically, you will:
- Create technical specifications and product designs from published requirements to perform development tasks.
- Work independently without significant oversight to follow requirements and develop solutions that help meet the ‘definition of done' for a particular User Story or break/fix.
- Demonstrate a mastery of the technology in use to code/configure quality solutions that require limited rework. This includes meeting business/end-user needs by adhering to standard methodologies defined by build mangers, platform, and solution architects.
- Develop and integrate software as their main responsibility.
- Assist with unit tests, as required.
- Provide production support by solving Incidents/Problems and participate in continuous improvement efforts.
- Deliver maintenance and enhancements for existing software or packaged applications.
- Adhere to coding standards/procedures and collaborate in code reviews.
- Ensure that all solution development is aligned to architectural standards throughout the Agile development process.
- Assist the Tester in designing and ensuring overall integrity of the test plan.
What are we looking for?
We believe success in this role will demonstrate itself through the following attributes and skills:
- Self-starters, who take initiative in implementing goals, utilizing analytical skills, and possessing adaptability to change
- Experience with ‘as a service' platforms or relevant hosting environments
- Direct experience developing ETL solutions
- Direct experience with web technologies like .net, Java
- Agile software development and relevant processes
- Current code repositories utilized by organization
- Contemporary Agile development methodologies (e.g., SAFe)
- Applying software development knowledge to the current IT environment
- Agile problem solving techniques and decision-making principles
- Learn new technologies and expand skills
To fulfill this role successfully, you should demonstrate the following minimum qualifications:
- Five (5) years of experience in IT
- Five (5) years of experience in Informatica and database architecture in all aspects of design, development and testing
- Business travel of approximately 5%
It would be helpful in this position for you to demonstrate the following capabilities and distinctions:
What will it be like to work for Hilton?
- BA/BS Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or related discipline
- Seven (7) years of IT experience in Informatica and database architecture
- Two (2) years of experience with cloud applications/technologies
Hilton is the world's leading global hospitality company, spanning the lodging sector from luxurious full-service hotels and resorts to extended-stay suites and mid-priced hotels. For nearly a century, Hilton has offered business and leisure travelers the finest in accommodations, service, amenities, and value. Hilton is dedicated to continuing its tradition of providing exceptional guest experiences across its global brands. Our vision to fill the earth with the light and warmth of hospitality unites us as a team to create remarkable hospitality experiences around the world every day. And, our amazing Team Members are at the heart of it all!
Use Programming Language