Reporting to the Global Commercial Manager, Sales Representative is responsible for the planning and delivery of all sales activities across North America directly related to the Radiation Monitors Business. The job holders’ role may also include basic marketing activities to ensure that we offer the most appropriate product in the markets served.
The job role involves regular communication with the Customer Service and Technical side of the Radiation Monitors business to offer support and assistance as well as with all levels of customer contacts responsible for key purchasing decision making. In order to offer the most appropriate advice and assistance, the job holder will preferably have a background in the application of handheld devices/monitors or related business.
- Plan and prepare regional business development and sales plans with technical input from the business and from the Global Commercial Manager.
- Proactively make cold call contacts and site visits with potential customers in the region.
- Answer customer commercial (and technical inquiries) as and when required
- Proactively seek and meet key decision makers at customer sites.
- Manage competitor information and ensure that the region has a strategy based upon competitor activities.
- Secure long term corporate agreements for our Radiation Monitors products.
- Decide on attendance and make arrangements for technical seminars with Global Commercial Manager.
- Proactively seek information on competitor products and formulate pricing / promotion plans to counter competitive threats.
- Actively participate in the annual budgeting process with the Global Commercial Manager.
- Continually evaluate customer needs and report back to relevant Tracerco staff.
Are you the ideal candidate?
- 1-5 years experience in an outside sales position. Ideally within the oil and gas, health, or security industries.
- Must possess good interpersonal skills, be self-motivated, technically capable and willing to travel on a regular basis to a wide range of customer sites.
- Possess significant experience of technical sales and business development
Possess the ability to work on your own initiative and deliver results
Have the ability to identify, access and influence key decision makers
Have the ability to listen to client’s requirements and offer solutions to meet their needs
Be driven and delivery focussed
Have the ability to use your initiative to spot opportunities and take action without being asked