Amcor Rigid Packaging
Regional Account Manager - Commercial Excellence
Ann Arbor, MI
This position will be instrumental in securing new business opportunities for growing the North American Diversified Products business portfolio. This role will be heavily action-oriented leading to identifying and acquiring new with significant growth potential.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Proactively search, identify and obtain new business opportunities with new customers and existing customers. Manage resources as required to accomplish.
- Active pipeline development and management with a focus on increasing active customers and growing volume sales.
- Establish strong, multi-level, win/win relationships with new and existing customers.
- Focus will include, but not be limited to the following:
- Acting as the direct, primary face-to-face contact to the customer
- Maintaining strong win/win relationships
- Understanding customer requirements
- Addressing/resolving issues with current customers (quality, AR, etc.)
- Participating in partnership and problem solving sessions, as well as product line trials with existing/new customers
- Providing strong service support and coordination for customers
- Manage existing customers and leverage technology, products, and capabilities to capture larger share within existing accounts
- Identify key decision makers and influencers beyond purchasing and craft relationship plans
- Develop and maintain action plan for how accounts will achieve targets and identify specific actions to improve earnings
- Identify and align resources, action plans and communications required to execute account plans and resolve issues
- Develop, manage and execute contract negotiations
- Manage negotiations/resolution of product, quality, and service issues
- Education: Bachelor’s degree required in a business related field; Master’s degree preferred
- 5 years of successful sales experience, preferably in packaging, working with large similar accounts
- New business development experience required
- Results oriented, "hunting" sales skills
- Business kowledge
- Superior analytical and financial skills
- Ability to get things done
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Performance driven
- Sales/customer knowledge, Decision making skills, Negotiation skills, Confidence
Amcor Leadership Framework Competencies
- Customer Focus
- Learning on the Fly
- Interpersonal Savvy
- Drive for Results
3-5 Applicable ALF Competencies:
Dealing with Ambiguity
- Commercial Director
- VPs/ GMs
- DP Marketing
- DP Finance
- External Customers
☐Lifting (amount 50+ pounds)
☐Carrying (amount 50+ pounds)
☐Lifting (amount < 50 pounds)
☐Carrying (amount < 50 pounds)
☒Driving – Automobile/truck/van
Other Physical Requirements: N/A
Work Environment : Office Environment
The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties, responsibilities, skills and/or abilities.
- The information contained herein is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of the duties and responsibilities of the job, nor are they intended to be an all-inclusive list of the skills and abilities required to do the job.
- We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class.