Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that's improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn't about another gadget, it's about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There's no room for error. Join us and start doing your life's best work.(sm)
As the Capital Business Portfolio Manager, you will be responsible for creating and maintaining strong working relationships with leaders in various business units within OptumRx. You will maintain capital benefit analysis documentation that supports each capital investment within OptumRx and support a dynamic team that evaluates capital spend and benefit realization throughout the capital cycle. You will have the opportunity to interface with senior leaders in various business pillars throughout the organization and present fact-based data and analysis to help achieve OptumRx strategic goals and long range plans.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Monthly Financial Results Reporting, Dashboard Reporting & Cost Benefit Analysis support
- Create, design and build dashboards to track performance targets for the businesses long range plans and objectives
- Prepare presentation slides for reviews with business partners and finance teams
- Support departments and budget owners in their capital management, benefit realization, forecasting vs. plan and actual spend tracking
- Partner with Business Unit Leaders and Finance partners to review and analyze monthly results and lead them through the Capital Process and quarterly forecasting requirements
- Help to establish and improve business processes relating to capital analysis, capital submissions, financial reporting and build relationships with business and finance leaders
- Supports actual and forecasted capital expenses – this seems redundant to the bullets above
- Work with leaders to strategize ways to optimize business processes
- Provide mentorship to project coordinators and cross-functional teams
- Analyze information and utilize it to reduce errors and improve process performance
- Grow your financial knowledge and acumen to develop and maintain cost/benefit artifacts and benefit realization models
- Able to articulate high-level business goals and success measures
- Proficient in the ability to execute the ORx Capital governance model and processes to influence strategic discussions and benefit outcomes
- Develop strong trusting relationships with business leaders to influence with fact-based capital recommendations aligned to strategic goals
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 3+ years of experience as a portfolio coordinator and/or project management experience (ideally in the healthcare industry)
- Experience leading meetings with senior level executives
- Demonstrated strategic thinker with ability to analyze and interpret financial data
- Demonstrated communication (written and verbal) and analytical skills used to communicate strategy and success of organization across leadership and organization
- Proven success in mentoring others to create an environment of success, influencing without authority
- Solid proficiency in Excel, PowerPoint, and an ability to easily learn and adopt new technology tools - in Excel, ability to run pivot tables and vlookups as needed
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or a similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. Employees must comply with any state and local masking orders. In addition, when in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are expected to wear a mask in areas where physical distancing cannot be attained
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
- General knowledge and comfort with agile methodology
- Working knowledge of capital & real estate concepts and terminology
- Project Management Professional (PMP) Certification
Careers with OptumRx. We're one of the largest and most innovative pharmacy benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. Here you’ll fill far more than prescriptions. As a member of one of our pharmacy teams, you’re empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You'll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There's no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $79,700 to $142,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Capital Business Portfolio Manager, Telecommute, Telecommuter, Telecommuting, Work at Home, Work from Home, Remote