To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Boston, MA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
CH2M & Jacobs • Boston, MA
Posted 1 month ago
The Buildings & Infrastructure (B&I) Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our clients local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
This position reports to the federal mechanical group leader, and has supervisory responsibility for the assigned Mechanical Engineering staff to include designers and engineers. Primary responsibilities for this highly billable position include overseeing the engineering design function to ensure compliance with company standards and guidelines, the day-to-day resourcing and professional development of those in the group, the quality of the work performed, and engagement in business development activities.
Through delegation and collaboration; candidate will direct activities of engineers and design staff engaged in planning, designing, coordinating, and supervising design and construction of building projects for clients according to their desires, needs, and financial resources.
- Responsible for all projects assigned to group
- Manage and leverage group's resources and capabilities on a consistent basis, meeting company goals and objectives for quality and billability
- May prepare client project presentations studies, and reports
- Manage weekly design general and administrative (G&A) labor
- Assist in developing project staffing plans and work forecasting
- Have frequent contacts with equivalent level managers concerning projects, operational decisions or scheduling requirements
- Works to develop technical strategies and procedures for the practice, including innovative tools and protocols associated with building performance and sustainability.
- Project management, team leadership, and mentoring junior-level staff
- Drive growth and continuous improvement within Operations
- Business development and marketing responsibilities in practice area
- Minimum 10 years related experience in building design as an engineering professional is required
- Bachelor Degree in Engineering is required
- Masters Degree is preferred
- Professional Registration (P.E.) is required
- Previous experience in managing staff and workflow is required
- Excellent communications skills, both verbal and written, is required
- Proof of U.S. Citizenship is required
- Ability to obtain a security clearance required. TS/SCI Clearance preferred.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status or other characteristics protected by law. Jacobs is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Jacobs leads the global professional services sector delivering solutions for a more connected, sustainable world.
With $15.0 billion in combined revenue and a talent force more than 77,000 strong, Jacobs provides a full spectrum of services including scientific, technical, professional, construction- and program-management for business, industrial, commercial, government and infrastructure sectors.
For more information, visit web address removed>