Autonomous Medical Devices Incorporated (AMDI) is an early-stage, California company focused on developing and manufacturing Autolabs and their associated test discs for human clinical diagnostics. Each of AMDI’s Autolabs are small, portable point-of-care diagnostics devices using breakthrough microfluidics, hardware, and data/cloud connectivity to deliver secure lab quality results in
The AMDI Engineering team is looking for an Electrical Engineer who wants to get down and dirty with science, move fast and break things in a quest to transform medical diagnostics. Our future teammate is a hands-on, motivated person ready to tackle the challenges of point-of-care diagnostics, cutting-edge microfluidics, and assay engineering in both research and clinical settings.
Roles and Responsibilities
Their duties include, but are not limited to:
- Work under minimal supervision to design, layout, construct, and evaluate a variety of prototype Printed Circuit Boards (PCBs), fixtures, and tools.
- Experience with rigid flex, and metalcore PCBs is a plus.
- Develop electronic systems for prototype and eventually production. This includes (but is not limited to):
- Electro-optical (lasers, LEDs, photo sensors, etc.)
- Electromechanical (motors, encoders, actuators, etc.)
- Thermodynamic systems (Peltier, joule heating, etc.)
- Assemble said systems (including programming); this includes getting your hands dirty.
- Work well with interdisciplinary teams to both provide support and to receive support.
- Troubleshoot electronics and provide feedback for upgrades.
- Full life cycle development from layout to manufacturing.
- Follow good documentation practices. This includes following proper design control procedures, including maintaining lab notebooks.
- A minimum of a B.S. in an Electrical Engineering or relevant discipline.
- 5+ years’ experience in an electrical engineering position.
- Electrical circuit design starting from schematic capture to final board layout.
- Electrical circuit analysis using fist order hand calculations and simulations.
- Electronic Printed Circuit Board CAD tool design experience such as Altium (preferred).
- Create and manage PCB documentation including fabrication and assembly packages, such as Gerber, ODB, BOM, fabrication, and assembly drawings.
- Electronics assembly skills in an ESD environment. This includes hand soldering and assembling prototype electronics.
- Be able to perform testing and troubleshoot designs with knowledge of tools such as multimeters, oscilloscopes, and logic analyzers.
- Experience with programming in languages such as C/C++ and Python.
- Experience working with SPI, I2C, UART, and other interface protocols.
- Hands-on, equally as comfortable in front of the computer as you are holding a soldering iron.
- Demonstrate a strong creative thinking and problem-solving toolbox
- Familiarity working in a Medical Device company preferred
- Experienced with Regulatory testing such as IEC6061 and 61010 preferred
- Experience with Pick-and-Place machines preferred
Our commitment to an inclusive workplace
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage people from all backgrounds to apply. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic under federal, state or local law.
- Assembly And Installation
- C++ (Programming Language)
- Clinical Works