Performs as a Systems Engineer to support the Lead Systems Engineer in efforts to define system concepts and systems engineering solutions to meet customer and operational requirements of advanced ISR systems. This will include requirements definition, system design and architecting and integration of communications systems, signal processing systems, electro-optics systems, and other systems. The successful candidate will need to work in a dynamic environment and needs to have experiences with rapid prototyping of systems.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Support analyses and studies for requirements development and decomposition, engineering feasibility, system affordability, reliability, maintainability, testability, systems integration, vulnerability, and susceptibility.
- Development of planning (WBS and schedules) implementation and monitoring of requirements management processes, tools, risk and issues tracking.
- Supports work to test and validate unit level and system level designs, requirements and functionality; will include developing test plans, test success criteria, and post-test reports.
- The candidate will support and evaluate customer/operational needs to define system performance requirements, integrate technical parameters and assure compatibility of all physical, functional requirements.
- Lead analyses and design activities to optimize total system architecture.
- Develop a requirements tractability matrix with tools such as DOORS.
- Lead modeling efforts that may include systems requirements development, management, and verification, System Performance modeling, analysis, algorithm development using MATLAB or similar tools, Test planning, execution, and reporting as well as other systems engineering functions as required to support system development and fielding.
- Assist the Lead Systems Engineer and Program Management with technical oversight of sub-contractors.
- Develop system specifications (e.g. ICD, SSS)
- Assist Lead Systems Engineer with design reviews and Technical Interchange Meetings (TIM)
- May be required to assist the cybersecurity team with DoD RMF implementation, which could include system vulnerability scans, STIG implementation, POA&M development, and policy updates and reviews.
Education and Experience
Must have a technical Bachelor's in engineering, physics or mathematics with 10 years' experience in systems engineering or technical Master's with 8 or more years' experience in systems engineering.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities
- Advanced knowledge in Systems Engineering practices
- Advanced knowledge in engineering specification development
- Experience in NAVAIR airworthiness process
- Prior systems engineering and systems integration experience on ISR systems
- Experience with software development
- Must possess good communication skills, both oral and written; technical leadership skills desired.
- Experience in leading and conducting mathematical analysis, modeling and simulation efforts to support product development is desired
- Ability to develop and maintain a detailed engineering schedule with logic and dependencies
- Ability to lead a diverse team in a dynamic environment
- Ability to plan and execute systems engineering related actions
- Ability to work independently with little direction or oversight
- Ability to develop complex engineering diagrams and drawings
- Understanding of project management practices (e.g. critical path, driving path, risk, cost, technical performance, etc.)
- Outstanding communication, interpersonal, and presentation skills in both a face to faces and virtual environment
- Proficient with Microsoft office suite (e.g. Power Point, Word, Excel)
- Candidates are required to be a US Citizen and hold an active TS w/ SCI Eligibility
Security Clearance: Top Secret
Telework - Not Eligible