To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Sierra Vista, AZ
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Physical Therapy Assistant - PTA
Symbria, Inc. • Sierra Vista, AZ
Posted 1 month ago
Symbria is currently seeking a Full-Time or Part-Time Physical Therapist Assistant (PTA) to add to our new Rehabilitation Team at Quiburi Misson, a Continuing Care Retirement Community in Benson, AZ.
For more than 20 years, Symbria has been providing an outstanding work environment for talented employees to deliver patient-centered care to the geriatric population in senior-living and post-acute settings.
Patient evaluation and effective administration of treatment programs, actively participate in the interdisciplinary rehabilitation team, and contribute to community marketing activities. Ensures compliance with all state and federal regulations.Responsibilities
- Obtain necessary background information from assigned patient’s chart.
- Assist supervising Physical Therapist in obtaining specific evaluation data within areas of established expertise.
- Seeks assistance from supervising Physical Therapist to obtain evaluation data outside of Physical Therapy Assistant experience.
- Establish appropriate short and long-term goals within areas of treatment expertise for assigned patients, and select and adapt treatment techniques to meet established goals and meet individual patient needs.
- Discuss treatment plan with patient and family as indicated.
- Complete all required clinical and billing documentation as indicated and submit in a timely manner.
- Administer the prescribed physical therapy program to restore and maintain maximum function and prevent disability. The following modalities may be used for this purpose:
- Therapeutic exercises and activity for lower extremity function.
- Therapeutic exercises and activity for strengthening and balance.
- Exercises and activity to improve coordination.
- Instructions in self-care, including transfers, bed mobility and ambulation.
- Education in body mechanics, work simplification and joint protection.
- Maintain productivity standards.
- Full utilization of technology provided to document and enhance client care.
- Work schedules vary at each client location, and on occasion, you may be scheduled to work at any other Symbria Rehab client community, provided the other community is within a reasonable traveling distance.
- Graduate of an accredited school for Physical Therapy Assistants and a valid registered license for the state in which employed.
- Acute care, long-term care and/or rehabilitation experience preferred, not required.
- Excellent observation, verbal and written communication skills, problem-solving skills, and basic math skills.
- Effective interpersonal skills with strong focus on customer service.
Why work at Symbria?
- 100% employee-owned company through an Employee Stock Ownership Plan, also known as an ESOP. You, along with your co-workers, have an ownership stake in this company!
- Competitive compensation
- ESOP retirement plan
- 401(k) & Roth 401(k) plans
- Employee Assistance Program
- Full-time employees are eligible for medical, dental, vision, life insurance, short/long term disability, flexible spending accounts (FSA), Paid Time Off (PTO) and Yearly Tuition Reimbursement.