To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Princeville, HI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Franchised Executive Sous Chef
Marriott International, Inc. • Princeville, HI
Posted 11 days ago
Posting Date Jan 16, 2018
Job Number 180003BT
Job Category Food and Beverage & Culinary Location The Westin Princeville Ocean Resort Villas, Princeville, Hawaii VIEW ON MAP
Schedule Full-time Relocation? Yes
Position Type Management
Start Your Journey With Us
Thank you for your interest in this position. It is a job opportunity with one of Marriott International's franchisees.
Please apply via email at: [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
Additional Information: This hotel is owned and operated by an independent franchisee, Interval Leisure Group. The franchisee controls all aspects of the hotel's employment policies and practices, including the selection and hiring process. If you accept a position at this hotel you will be employed by a franchisee and not by Marriott International.
Direct food preparation, production and control for all food outlets and facilities at the hotel.
- 30% Responsible for enhancing the food product that is presented to guests. Make changes that respond to the marketplace and to guestsâ needs, both present and anticipated. Recommend changes to the food product. Use market research to develop new products.
- 20% Responsible for maintaining quality of food product and ensuring consistency in food delivery and standards.
- 15% Provide support of a specialist nature to the Executive Committee, particularly to the Director, Food & Beverage, and the Food & Beverage Manager. Work in support of team goals and measures effectiveness through the Food & Beverage profit and service performance of the hotel.
- 15% Responsible for the selection, training and development of the personnel within the department. Able to exercise hire and fire discretion within Vistana Signature Experiences policies. Oversee divisional matters as they relate to federal, state and local employment and civil rights laws.
- 10% Control the elements that determine profit and loss. Responsible for all major operating expenses. Set margins and manage the business against projections. Make decisions that relate to profit and loss. Responsible for the financial management of the operation.
- 10% Give direction and be responsible for the implementation of plans. Monitor effectiveness and introduce changes in response to the marketplace. Set targets, plan and schedule work and performance indicators that are typically productivity and efficiency measures.
- Regular attendance in conformance with the standards, which may be established from time to time, is essential to the successful performance of this position. Employees with irregular attendance will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
- Due to the cyclical nature of the hospitality industry, employees may be required to work varying schedules to reflect the business needs of the hotel. In addition, attendance at all scheduled training sessions and meetings is required.
- Upon employment, all employees are required to fully comply with Vistana Signature Experiences rules and regulations for the safe and effective operation of the hotelâs facilities. Employees who violate hotel rules and regulations will be subject to disciplinary action, up to and including termination of employment.
In addition to performance of the essential functions, this position may be required to perform a combination of the following supportive functions, with the percentage of time performing each function to be solely determined by the manager based upon the particular requirements of the hotel:
- Consult with the General Store Manager, Manager of Fun and Outlet Manager on a weekly basis as well as with other departments as necessary.
- Participate in long range planning.
- Participate, support and make recommendations for ongoing hotel programs with continuous improvement in networking.
SPECIFIC JOB KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- The individual must possess the following knowledge, skills and abilities and be able to explain and demonstrate that he or she can perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodation, using some other combination of knowledge, skills, and abilities:
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand the primary language(s) used in the workplace.
- Must be able to read and write to facilitate the communication process.
- Requires good communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Most tasks are performed in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader. There is minimal direct supervision.
- Must possess basic computational ability.
- Must possess basic computer skills.
- Knowledge of computer accounting programs, math skills as well as budgetary analysis capabilities required.
- Extensive knowledge of menu development, insight into marketing, cost and wage control.
- Thorough knowledge of food products, standard recipes and proper preparation.
- Ability to analyze, forecast data, and makes judgments to ensure proper payroll and production control.
- Ability to supervise large staff and accomplish goals on a timely basis.
- Ability to conduct meetings, menu briefings and maintain communication lines between line staff and Director, Food & Beverage.
- Ability to effectively deal with internal and external customers some of whom will require high levels of patience, tact and diplomacy and collect accurate information to resolve conflicts.
- Ability to create recipes and support material, i.e., recipe cards, descriptions, and pictures, and to read and visualize same.
- Artistic ability to create theme menus, ideas for ice carvings, decorations, etc.
- Thorough knowledge of federal, state and local laws governing equal employment opportunity and civil rights, occupational safety and health, wage and hour issues, and labor relations, including, but not limited to the following statutes and their state and local analogues (where applicable): Title VII, ADEA, Equal Pay Act, Pregnancy Discrimination Act, FLSA, ADA, OSHA, FMLA, and NLRA.
- High school or equivalent education required. Minimum of two years of culinary schooling preferred.
- Must have five years of prior experience as a Sous Chef with knowledge of most international and domestic dishes.
Licenses or Certificates
Ability to obtain and/or maintain any government required licenses, certificates or permits.
Certification as Executive Sous Chef or Certified Master Chef by a government accredited culinary agency.
CPR certification and/or First Aid training preferred.
State of Hawaii Tuberculosis Clearance card.
All employees must maintain a neat, clean and well-groomed appearance per Vistana Signature Experiences.
This job description is not an exclusive or exhaustive list of all job functions that an employee in this position may be asked to perform from time to time.
This company is an equal opportunity employer.