At Scripps Health, you will experience the pride, support, respect that has been repeatedly recognized as one of the nation’s Top 100 Places to Work.
You’ll be surrounded by people committed to making a difference in the lives of their patients and their teammates. So if you’re open to change, go ahead and unlock your potential.
Scripps Mercy Hospital is San Diego’s longest established hospital, and the only Catholic medical center -- with campuses in San Diego and Chula Vista. Our team of highly skilled and engaged health professionals provide exceptional patient care which we describe as the “Mercy style of care.” We believe that the mind, body and spirit each play an integral part in the healing process, and we care for our patients and each other with that philosophy in mind.
Join the Patient Financial Services Department as a Supervisor, Revenue Cycle – ED at Scripps Mercy Hospital Chula Vista. Working together, you’ll bring your expertise, compassion and excellence to all we do.
The ideal Revenue Cycle Supervisor in the ED is responsible for daily operations of the ED Patient Accounts department in addition to:
This is a Full Time, Salaried, position with Varied Shifts located at Scripps Mercy Hospital Chula Vista, Emergency Services Department.QualificationsRequired Qualifications:
- Responsible for mentoring/developing/coaching as well as all aspects of performance management of approximately 20 staff members.
- Works to ensure appropriate training and technical support is available to staff.
- Oversees and performs quality audits to assure consistency and standardization of procedures and optimizes patient experience.
- Ensures compliance with policies/procedures and standards of care.
- Actively involved in improvement efforts, workflow design and validation with input on policies and procedures.
- Manages departmental resources effectively.
- Performs quality audits, providing retraining or action plans as needed to improve accuracy and meet production/patient satisfaction targets.
- Generates and reviews reports to track performance outcomes, performs root cause analysis to identify performance improvement needs.
- Monitors reports to identify additional process improvement opportunities.
- Assigns work based on staffing levels and work load to optimize productivity and meet department standards.
- Communicates with customers including clinical and non-clinical staff, physicians and leadership to manage department operations.
- Provides timely feedback to staff on job performance, improvement or corrective actions as needed.
- Provides input on and may conduct staff annual performance evaluations.
- Responsible for keeping abreast of current policies, practices and procedures and provide guidance to staff.
- Assists in urgent situations requiring immediate decision making.
- Responsible for assisting/preparing staff schedules and managing coverage arrangements to ensure excellent patient care.
- 3 years experience customer service or healthcare/medical office environment, one of which is in a leadership role.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency of computer applications, excellent mathematical skills and ability to handle monies.
- Excellent communication and customer service skills.
- Strong organizational and analytical skills; innovative with ability to identify and solve problems.
- Able to adapt, prioritize and meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of medical terminology, commercial and government health insurance and billing guidelines, ACA requirements, understanding of DRG's, Medical ICD9/ICD10 codes and CPT/HCPC Codes and Modifiers are preferred.
- Knowledge/experience with Epic Prelude, ASAP or Grand Central.
- Bachelor Degree in Healthcare Administration, Business Management or related field
Scripps Health is repeatedly named on the Fortune Magazine’s 100 Best Companies to work for, only San Diego-based Company and Becker’s Healthcare Top Hospitals. Scripps Health offers a robust Total Rewards Program designed to compensate and motivate you throughout your career. Scripps Health Total Rewards Program includes a broad range of plans and programs including market competitive pay and performance incentives, health and wellness benefits, financial wellness benefits, work-life resources, learning and development opportunities, and rewards and recognition. Unlock your potential with Scripps Health today.
Scripps Health is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex (including pregnancy, sexual orientation, or gender identity/expression), age, marital status, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.Job:
Access / Business ServicesPrimary Location:
Southern San Diego County-CHULA VISTA-SCRIPPS MERCY HOSPITAL CHULA VISTAWork Locations:
SCRIPPS MERCY HOSPITAL CHULA VISTA (100_330)
435 H STREET
CHULA VISTA, 91910Organization:
Scripps Mercy Chula VistaJob Posting:
Aug 14, 2019, 1:59:31 PMBenefit Status:
FT - FULL-TIME WITH BENEFITS
Coaching And Mentoring