To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Rockton, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Physical Therapist (School)
Maxim Healthcare Services • Rockton, IL
Posted 9 days ago
Maxim Healthcare Services is looking for a Physical Therapist / PT to plan and administer treatment programs to assist students with various mental and physical disabilities. The Physical Therapist / PT will provide services that will help restore function, improve mobility, relieve pain, and prevent or limit permanent physical disabilities of students suffering from injuries or disease in the school setting. The ideal Physical Therapist / PT candidate’s priority should be to restore, maintain, and promote overall fitness and health.
• The selected professional will be expected to provide specialized professional therapy during the entire year as outlined in each student’s IEP with the understanding that the goal of the school based
• Physical Therapist is to support and maximize educational participation in class.
• PT is provided to enhance sensory-motor responses and to develop functional motor control, focusing on gross motor and ambulatory skills.
• The PT will also be expected to perform evaluations including observation of the student in school settings and home settings, if required. Formal reports are written based on standardized testing and observation.
• The Physical Therapist will also review reports from other Physical Therapists and make recommendations based on the report. When deemed appropriate, the Physical Therapist will provide informal appraisals of student needs as a member of the IEP Team and/or IR&S Committee.
• When deemed appropriate, goals and objectives for intervention will be developed and input into the Individualized Educational Plan (IEP).
• The Physical Therapist can provide direct or consultative service. Direct services include individual, small group session, or integrated in-class activities. Consultative services include, but are not limited to observation of the student, review of work samples, consultation with parents and teachers, and participation in meetings and as needed, to recommend equipment/materials and obtain measurements for equipment in a timely manner to assist the district in obtaining competitive quotes for necessary specialized equipment/materials.
- Current license as a Registered Physical Therapist in the state of practice.
- Minimum of one year experience in an acute care facility, outpatient setting, community health service or home health agency in the past two years preferred.
- Current CPR card
- Current Health Physical per state regulation
- Current PPD or Chest X-Ray.
- Competitive pay & weekly paychecks
- Health, dental, vision, and life insurance
- 401(k) savings plan
- Awards and recognition programs