To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
1104 Corporate Way
Sacramento, CA 95831
- Phone: 916-393-7099
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Volt • Sacramento, CA
Posted 2 months ago
- Strong participation in the month-end close process, including journal entries, account reconciliation, while applying GAAP accounting to effectively report accurate GL balances
- Preparation of journal entries, including proper GL account, department, location and project cost coding with appropriate supporting documentation
- Select balance sheet account reconciliations (deposits, debt, etc.)
- Prepare supporting schedules needed for parent entity reporting (lease payout schedule, etc.)
- Month-End GL analysis to ensure accurate GL account, location & department coding by accounting staff, document reasons for account variations from prior month
- Maintain controls and procedures over Inventory costing
- Sales Tax filings.
- Review and approve Accounts Payable invoices processed by others and ensuring proper coding and approvals
- Review and approve routine journal entries prepared by Staff Accountants Prepare and record payroll journal entries in GL, including proper job costing
- Maintain monthly lease amortization and debt interest schedules
- Interface with other departments in the education & enforcement of accounting policies and/or procedures and well as providing information and support to other departments as necessary
- Perform special accounting projects as assigned.
- Regular analysis of system and procedural efficiencies to ensure financial statement integrity.
- Supervise Payroll Specialist, reviewing payroll runs, payroll related journals and driving payroll improvement process goals
- Supervise staff accountants, reviewing journal entries, credit card reconciliations, fixed assets and CIP, as well as provide training and mentor staff members of Fixed Assets, General Ledger, and Payroll
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Trains and mentors staff members of Fixed Assets, General Ledger, and Payroll
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Able to be highly confidential.
- Excellent understanding and working knowledge of GAAP and Accounting Practices.
- Proficient with computers to include the utilization of Microsoft programs such as Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook.
- Oracle system or other large ERP experience preferred
- Strong reconciliation skills required
- Able to work in a team environment.
- Manages stress and/or fast-pace effectively.
- Excellent communication and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to work efficiently and productively in a multi-task deadline oriented environment independently with minimal supervision.
- Ability to identify and analyze problems using sound judgment and determine solutions.
- Self-motivated, dedicated, flexible, good team player.
- Initiative and ability to own projects from start to finish can approach tasks strategically
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
- BS Degree in Accounting
- Minimum of 5 accounting experience including a minimum of 1 year in a supervisory role
- Must work on-site; no telecommuting permitted.