Please review the Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Plan page for more details regarding your rights and obligations as a job candidate.
USC Auxiliary Services, one of the largest divisions at The University of Southern California, is focused on making a difference for over 65,000 students, athletes, faculty, staff, and guests who visit our campuses each day. Through our innovative services, our six central business units (USC Bookstores, USC Hospitality, USC Housing, USC Transportation, the USC Hotel and the Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum) collectively create the best USC experience for future leaders, scientists, filmmakers, engineers, and doctors alike. Auxiliary Services works tirelessly to welcome all visitors into the Trojan family. We are driven to succeed by our commitment to uphold our six unifying values in Integrity, Excellence, Well-Being, Open Communication, Accountability, and Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion.
In the ever expanding city of Los Angeles, Trojans need reliable and convenient transportation options. USC Transportation has risen to meet that need, operating parking structures, busses, student-run Campus Cruisers and a fuel station. To meet the unique needs of each Trojan, Transportation also coordinates with numerous taxi companies and rental car agencies to provide a vast source of transit options. A division of USC Auxiliary Services, Transportation is always looking for new ways to make USC safer and more convenient for students, athletes, faculty, staff, and visitors.
We are seeking a Senior Manager of Transportation Operations, Guest Relations to join our rapidly growing team.
The Senior Manager of Transportation Operations, Guest Relations will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operation of USC field operations at the University Park and Health Sciences Campuses. As the Senior Manager, you will work to ensure staffing needs and work schedules for daily permit sales; parking structure levels are monitored and traffic redirected as needed; costs are maintained; opportunities for improved technology are researched; developing and implementing customer service for Campus Access and Gate Ambassador teams; and ensure a great customer experience is provided to the USC community and visitors. You are also responsible for overseeing Campus Access initiatives. Additionally, this position will create and implement all emergency operations, plan and ensure the proper emergency equipment is available and maintained. Finally, this position is responsible for establishing and maintaining relationships with crucial Auxiliary Services, University, and external contacts, including liaising with the Emergency Operations Command center.
* Ensures transportation programs and departments are operating effectively and adequately servicing the university community. Develops strategies and directives for department or section. Develops and implements standard operating procedures for transportation departments. Plans and implements department programs, projects and activities. Administers programs and projects as assigned.
* Plans, develops and manages section budgets for assigned programs. Approves and/or disapproves section expenditures. Completes and presents regular budget amendment requests to senior leadership. Manages or assists in purchases of department vehicles and equipment. Ensures purchases are licensed, registered and insured as required by state law. Ensures procurement of service vendor services and fuel management invoicing. Maintains database of assigned vehicle fleet and affiliated specialized equipment. Oversees physical inventory and the security of the department equipment and POS units. Arranges for repair or maintenance of equipment and vehicles assigned to department.
* Provides logistical, staffing and equipment decisions for assigned transportation departments. Identifies vendors and negotiates appropriate contracts. Manages internal and external vehicle equipment service vendor contracts and represents the department in negotiations. Directly or indirectly supervises transportation employees and/or student workers. Responsible for hiring and training staff. Develops and implements department training protocols. Evaluates employee performance and provides guidance and feedback. Counsels, disciplines or terminates employees, as necessary
* Ensures compliance with applicable federal, state and local regulations. Ensures all department vehicles and equipment are licensed, registered and insured as required by state law. Monitors department vehicles involved in ongoing investigations. Maintains currency with and adherence to relevant departmental and university policies. Reviews vehicle audits and inspections to ensure operational readiness and vehicle code compliance and reports results to senior leadership. Oversees campus access programs (e.g., Trojan Check), ensuring compliance with all applicable regulations.
* Provides customer service to students, faculty, staff and external customers. Ensures full customer satisfaction without unnecessarily referring customer to other staff members. Utilizes a wide variety of resources and employs creative solutions to resolve customer complaints. Maintains friendly, helpful demeanor. Develops, implements and administers plans for effective communications programs within section(s). Establishes and maintains appropriate network of professional contacts. Maintains currency with professional organizations and publications. Attends and participates in meetings and conferences, representing university and/or section as assigned or as appropriate.
* Promotes an environment that fosters inclusive relationships and creates unbiased opportunities for contributions through ideas, words, and actions that uphold principles of the USC Code of Ethics.
* Serves as the transportation emergency operations coordinator for initiatives associated with university efforts within emergency practices that include: business continuity planning, emergency equipment resourcing and supply management, Emergency Department Operations plan development and implementation, liaison with university EOC, and ensure department attends and has met all emergency operation training requirements.
* Produces weekly reports for daily and hourly parking sales, assists with the annual budget, oversee sales and cost forecasting and ensure profit. Meet or exceed budgetary expectations. Review sales audits, cash reconciliation, and deposits with the Cash Office.
* Works with IT to review and implement new technologies relevant to parking operations including Point of Sales systems, parking access and revenue control software, and parking guidance systems.
* Performs other related duties as assigned or requested. The university reserves the right to add or change duties at any time.
* Education: Bachelor's Degree.
* Experience: 8 years.
Proven leadership/managerial experience.
* Experience with general financial statements, accounts payable, and budgets.
* Experience with data analysis.
* Proficient in Microsoft Office.
* Payroll and staff scheduling experience.
* Excellent written and oral communication skills
* Valid CA driver's license required. Position will participate in the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) Pull Notice System. A copy of DMV record will be required as a final condition of employment. For more information please visit the policy website.
What We Prefer:
* Master's Degree.
* 10 Years of experience.
* Leadership experience in transit/transportation and/or university operations.
* Understanding of university-specific operations and policies.
* Familiarity with university-specific transportation requirements.
The Trojan Family Rewards:
We pride ourselves in creating the BEST USC EXPERIENCE, and that begins with our employees! We offer a wide variety of benefits and programs that support our staff and their families. For more information please visit [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Manager of Transportation Operations, Guest Relations
This support advocates work-life balance and employee well-being. As members of the Trojan family, employees are connected by the traditions and history that make us proud to be Trojans!
As an equal opportunity employer, USC values and promotes diversity, equity and inclusion in the workplace. The work culture thrives on mutual respect, trust and synergy amongst all of its members.
USC has great minds that transform the world with their talents and research. Will you be one? Join us!
Minimum Education: Bachelor's degree, Combined experience/education as substitute for minimum education
Minimum Experience: 5 years, Combined education/experience as substitute for minimum experience
Minimum Field of Expertise: Management level experience in a university Auxiliary Services section.
USC is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other characteristic protected by law or USC policy. USC will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring ordinance. We provide reasonable accommodations to applicants and employees with disabilities. Applicants with questions about access or requiring a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process should contact USC Human Resources by phone at
(213) 821-8100, or by email at [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Senior Manager of Transportation Operations, Guest Relations. Inquiries will be treated as confidential to the extent permitted by law.
Read USC's Clery Act Annual Security Report
Notice on Non-Discrimination
Certain positions are subject to background screening
EEO is the Law
EEO is the Law Supplement
Pay Transparency Non-Discrimination
USC is an E-Verify Employer
If you are a current USC employee, please apply to this USC job posting in Workday by copying and pasting this link into your browser:
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Manager of Transportation Operations, Guest Relations
- Accounts Payable
- Automobile Roadworthiness Inspection
- Business Continuity Planning