The start of a rewarding career awaits you at Engineering Services and Products Company (ESAPCO). Since 1979, we’ve grown from a regional, two-person office to the industry-leading manufacturer of ClearSpan Structures and GrowSpan Greenhouses with over 30,000 products distributed through direct marketing, three online stores and two lead-generation websites. We are seeking a hard-working GrowSpan Commercial Greenhouse Sales Specialist who has great closing skills and the passion to exceed GrowSpan's Greenhouse sales goals.
GrowSpan, the leading national manufacturer of greenhouse & hydroponic systems, has customers that range from Commercial Greenhouse operations to Universities and Schools, to Hobby Growers. GrowSpan Greenhouse and Hydroponic Sales are part of a growth industry. With expansions in the Locally-Grown Food Movement, Cannabis Cultivation, and with Hydroponic Growing Systems, this Sales Team truly has unlimited potential.
The primary responsibility of the Commercial Greenhouse Sales Specialist will be to increase sales of Commercial Greenhouse Systems and Accessories. Sales opportunities will include, but not be limited to, Commercial Greenhouse Structures, Hydroponic & Aquaponic Growing Equipment, Fodder Systems, shade systems, and plant lighting equipment.
In addition to direct sales, the Commercial Greenhouse Specialist will be expected to represent GrowSpan at Industry Trade Shows.
- Fielding initial inquiries from prospective customers interested in purchasing and/or learning
more about Commercial Greenhouse Systems and related equipment.
- Creating orders for Commercial Greenhouse Systems that include all necessary accessories.
- Closing ability to hit and exceed sales goals
- Able to work within a team environment with project managers and engineers
- Effective multi-tasker, capable to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Ability to identify and present accordingly to all levels of the sales cycle
- Thrives in a fast-paced environment
- Competency in Microsoft Office
To perform the job successfully, an individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Business Acumen - Understands business implications of decisions; Displays orientation to profitability; Demonstrates knowledge of market and competition; Aligns work with strategic goals.
- Judgement - Displays willingness to make decisions; Exhibits sound and accurate judgment; Supports and explains reasoning for decisions; Includes appropriate people in decision-making process; Makes timely decisions.
- Planning/Organizing - Prioritizes and plans work activities; Uses time efficiently; Plans for additional resources; Sets goals and objectives; Organizes or schedules their tasks; Develops realistic action plans for meeting metrics.
- Professionalism - Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Follows through on commitments.
- Adaptability - Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent change or unexpected events.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience
Minimum of Bachelor's degree (or equivalent from four-year college or 4 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience).
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance
instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations
where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
To perform this job successfully, an individual should have knowledge of Order Processing systems, Word Processing software and ability to type at a minimum of 30 wpm.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand and walk.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Hourly plus commission with the potential for bonuses based upon sales and unit volume.
We offer an excellent benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, 401(k), tuition reimbursement and product discounts. Pay for this position typically ranges from approximately $50,000 to $65,000 in the first year.