Kelly Services is currently recruiting for an experienced Purchasing Expediter to join a long-term purchasing team in the Houston, Texas area! The ideal candidate will have prior expediting experience, as well as proficiency in MS Excel and SAP. Do you have what it takes?
Daily Duties May Include:
- Assure supplier is fulfilling the agreed upon terms and conditions of the purchase order (PO), and reacts accordingly when there is a deviation.
- Review the PO files in a regular, timely manner.
- Review every file at least once every two weeks, more often for short delivery times or critical pieces of equipment or material.
- Communicate all potential Price or delivery changes, actual delays, or engineering/technical questions from the supplier to the Project Procurement Leader (PPL) and project team as soon as they become know and vice versa.
- Provide support and accountability to the overall Global Supplier Management Process by QSPP form submittal and supplier evaluation feedback to the Buyers and Supply Managers.
- Maintain good communication with Supplier Document Control, Construction Management, receiving and accounting functions: close cooperation with Accounting and receiving is required to resolve invoicing concerns, equipment status, progress payments and various other issues.
- Participate in early planning meetings with a supplier for critical equipment to discuss Expediting expectations after order placement. Processes all addenda as soon as possible in insure MST (Material Specification Transmittal) Tracker info is accurate.
- Proactively anticipate supplier and project needs. Involve and seek support from buyers and supply managers to assist with suppliers’ issues when needed.
- Obtain information from the supplier’s shop floor from inspectors performing shop expediting. This is typically provided by contracted inspection companies.
- Perform buying responsibilities as requested by the sourcing specialist and within the delegated authority levels.
- Any other related duties as needed.
- At least 5+ years of prior Expediting experience
- Extensive SAP Experience (extracting and reporting data from system)
- Intermediate to Advanced skill level in Microsoft Excel, with an expertise in generating complex reports
- An organized, detail-oriented personality and mindset.
- A team-player attitude and the willingness to go above and beyond when needed.
Apply today for immediate consideration!
Kelly puts you in charge of your career, with access to cutting edge projects and technologies in
industry leading organizations. Top companies throughout the world have trusted Kelly as a premier
source of engineering talent and services since 1965. And engineering job seekers know Kelly as a firm
with an unmatched reputation for quality, integrity and professionalism. Whether you seek the variety
and flexibility of working on short term project engagements, or prefer contract-to-hire or direct
hire placement with our clients, apply with Kelly to explore opportunities that suit your specific
As a workforce advocate for over 70 years, we are proud to directly employ nearly 500,000 people around the world and have a role in connecting thousands more with work through our global network of talent suppliers and partners. Revenue in 2017 was $5.4 billion. Visit URL blocked - click to apply and connect with us on URL blocked - click to apply, URL blocked - click to apply and URL blocked - click to apply.
Kelly Services is an equal opportunity employer including, but not limited to, Minorities, Females,
Individuals with Disabilities, Protected Veterans, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity and is
committed to employing a diverse workforce. URL blocked - click to apply
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: US41ALMS_BH1572572
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
In a recent study, one-third of large companies predicted contingent workforce growth of 50 percent or more.* Kelly Engineering Resources® can help you be a part of this contingent workforce growth opportunity.
Kelly Engineering Resources, a specialty service of Kelly Services®, is focused exclusively on placing skilled engineering professionals in contract, contract-to-hire, and full-time engineering jobs across a full spectrum of related industries and disciplines, including:
Kelly Engineering Resources employees work more than 6 million hours in positions ranging from chemical engineers to robotic technicians to R&D specialists to AutoCAD® designers.
It all began when William R. Kelly—founder of the temporary staffing industry—established Kelly Services® in 1946. The company's traditional expertise started with office services, call center, light industrial, and electronic assembly staffing. Through the years, we expanded our expertise and established a proven record of successfully matching job seekers to opportunities in disciplines such as science, engineering, law, education, healthcare, IT, and finance. As a Fortune 500® company, Kelly® has evolved into a global workforce solutions leader, making employment connections for nearly half a million people around the world every year.
Since our founding, we have embodied the true spirit of social responsibility. Our character and values resonate through our culture. Inherently—through our core business focus—we seek to improve the quality of life for our employees, their families, and their communities, as well as society at large. We embrace the role we play and the value we contribute to society—whether ensuring equal opportunity to employment, promoting safer workplace conditions, advocating for healthcare reform, or adhering to sustainable business practices.
Together with our employees and our customers, we will continue to work toward ensuring that our legacy will remain strong for generations to come. For more than 60 years, people have trusted Kelly Services to help them reach their career goals. We are your proven link to employment opportunities that will pave the way for a successful future. Whoever and wherever you are—and with the right skills and attitude—Kelly can help you find a job, expand your career, and build your future.
*According to “The Emerging New Workforce,” a 2009 report by Littler Mendelson, P.C., an employment and Labor Law solution firm.
View the full profile