At WellStar, we all share common goals. That’s what makes us so successful – and such an integral part of our communities. We want the same things, for our organization, for our patients, and for our colleagues. As the most integrated healthcare provider in Georgia, this means we pride ourselves on investing in the communities that we serve. We continue to provide innovative care models, focused on improving quality and access to healthcare.
We have an immediate need for a Director of Accounting for Wellstar Medical Group.
The Director of Accounting functions under the direction of the WellStar Controller and is responsible for directing and managing the general accounting function. The position is also responsible for financial reporting and distribution as well as systems and management of GL staff. Requires a bachelor’s degree in related area and at least 7 years of related experience in the field. Position relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Familiar with a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Leads the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
Required Minimum Education:
- BS or BA Degree, preferably in Accounting, Finance, or related field.
- CPA and/or MBA preferred.
Required Minimum Experience:
- Seven years directly related experience, preferably in healthcare.
- Three years of leadership experience required.
Required Minimum Skills:
- Expert level experience with Microsoft Office, Excel, and pivot tables.
- Spreadsheet analysis, budget development, variance analysis, revenue enhancement, proforma, strategic planning, strong communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with Lawson, EPIC & Strata, preferred.
- Financial Statements
- Master Of Business Administration (Mba)
- Generally Accepted Accounting Principles