Location Name: Various, Various
Job/Requisition ID: [[id]]
Location Address: Various, Various, Various, United States (US), Various
Education Level: Bachelor's Desired
Relevant Experience Level: Mid Career (4-10 Years)
Employee Group: Regular - Full Time
Employee Subgroup: Salaried Exempt
This position is an opportunity to play a significant role in supporting the technology needs of Marathon’s planning and trading functions. Partnering with analytics-focused business partners in a high-paced environment, the successful candidate will work to ensure that the best available information is provided to support decision making in the front office. This role emphasizes broad technical aptitude but requires some functional acumen in order to deliver timely insights without adversely impacting ongoing operations.
- Understand how the technical landscape supports business operations, and identify the best technologies to support a business need
- Develop and maintain solutions with a cadence driven by optimizing time-to-value-realization by the business
- Assist in the implementation of DevOps practices, including a Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment (CI/CD) environment
- Develop and maintain architectural guidelines and coding standards to ensure that solutions are reliable, sustainable and scalable
- Contribute to a healthy team environment, collaborating with various organizations across IT including analytics, database management, and peer developers/analysts as appropriate
- Ensure solutions are implemented in a manner consistent with MPC corporate policies and IT standards, utilizing appropriate methods, controls and documentation
- Clearly communicate thoughts, specifications, requirements, and progress with business clients and peers using appropriate means of communication
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, related field or equivalent related experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of related experience.
- DevOps and Agile stronlgy preferred.
- Track record of proven delivery of business value
- Proven written and verbal communication skills
- Strong command of a formal SDLC methodology
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Strong command of applicable development tools and languages
- Strong command of object-oriented fundamentals, including design patterns, encapsulation, abstraction and SOLID development principles
- Experience with multiple languages such as Python, Java or C#/.Net
- Azure DevOps
- SQL proficiency
- Experience working with multiple database types, including noSQL, ultrawide and/or time-series databases
- Experience with or desire to learn both functional and procedural development a strong plus
- Experience with Tableau, or PowerBI helpful
- UX or design thinking a plus
- Familiarity with ITSM / ITIL
About Marathon Petroleum Corporation
Marathon Petroleum Corporation (MPC) is a leading, integrated, downstream energy company headquartered in Findlay, Ohio. The company operates the nation's largest refining system. MPC's marketing system includes branded locations across the United States, including Marathon brand retail outlets. Speedway LLC, an MPC subsidiary, owns and operates retail convenience stores across the United States. MPC also owns the general partner and majority limited partner interest in MPLX LP, a midstream company that owns and operates gathering, processing, and fractionation assets, as well as crude oil and light product transportation and logistics infrastructure.
Travel Expected: Up to 10%
Marathon Petroleum Company LP is an Equal Opportunity Employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex, gender (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, mental or physical disability, medical condition or AIDS/HIV status, ancestry, national origin, genetic information, military, veteran status, marital status, citizenship or any other status protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws. If you would like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, 6368273717751.
If you need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application process at Marathon Petroleum LP, please contact our Human Resources Department at [ Link removed ] . Please specify the reasonable accommodation you are requesting, along with the job posting number in which you may be interested. A Human Resources representative will review your request and contact you to discuss a reasonable accommodation.
Equal Opportunity Employer: Veteran / Disability
Marathon Petroleum Company LP participates in the E-Verify program in some states in which it operates (including AL, AZ, GA, MS, NC, SC, TN, and UT). For more information before proceeding, please see details in 6368273717751. Right to Work Statement 6368273717751 or 6368273717751.
To view benefit information for Marathon Petroleum Corporation please visit [ Link removed ] .
- Agile Software Development
- Systems Development Life Cycle
- Java (Programming Language)
- Dev Ops
- C Sharp (Programming Language)