To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Birmingham, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Sinclair Broadcast Group • Birmingham, AL
Posted 1 month ago
Make your mark in Broadcasting and Digital Media. Sinclair Broadcast Group and Sinclair Digital Solutions are dedicated to making Sinclair a communications powerhouse! We are the largest and most diversified television broadcasting company in the country. Sinclair owns and operates, programs or provides services to more television stations than anyone and has affiliations with all major networks. Sinclair Digital group is focused on bringing the most engaging content to web, mobile and over-the-top broadcasting to audiences all over the country! Our success is the result of extraordinary employees and an exemplary management team who believe in a vision and are dedicated ensuring a great future for our employees. Whether you are an industry veteran or a just starting out, you can find it at Sinclair! We are advancing the world of Broadcasting and we want YOU to join our winning team!
Sinclair has an exciting opportunity to work as an Accounting Manager in our Shared Service Center in Birmingham, AL. As an Accounting Manager, you will be responsible for the daily accounting procedures for the Shared Service Center and the Birmingham Hub in accordance with Corporate policies and procedures, generally accepted accounting principles and SOX rules and regulations.
- Manage operating expenses in-line with budget and forecast for the markets
- Lead monthly financial closing inclusive of quarterly and annual certification of the financial statements
- Reviews balance sheet, profit and loss statements, and other reports to summarize financial performance
- Preparation of the annual budget and quarterly forecast for the Operation
- Analyzes current and projected financial position to provide insight to necessary stakeholders
- Oversees Operation to ensure compliance with approved accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure compliance with Corporate deadlines, through oversight of business office deadlines
- Assists in managing, directing and developing business office staff
- Assist in other daily projects as assigned by the Controller
- Adherence to Sarbanes-Oxley rules and regulations, and regularly enforce internal controls to department and organizational personnel
- Other accounting duties as needed
- A bachelor's degree in accounting or equivalent
- A minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience with strong organizational skills and self- motivated
- Excellent analytical, problem solving, and multi-tasking skills
- Prior employee management experience is preferred
- Working knowledge of payroll, internal control procedures and general ledger
- Must be results oriented with strong accounting and financial skills
- Proficient in Excel
- Experience with Oracle preferred
- The ability to work in a team environment with various levels of staff
- The ability to maintain strict confidentiality
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
Sinclair Broadcast Group, Inc. is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace!