Public Consulting Group, Inc. (PCG) is a $490 million, fast growing, for profit company providing management consulting and technology services to help public sector education, health, human services, and other government clients achieve their performance goals and better serve populations in need.
Founded in 1986 and headquartered in Boston, Massachusetts, PCG has more than 2500 professionals in 47 offices throughout the U.S, in Montreal, Canada, London, England and Lodz, Poland. The firm draws on more than two decades of consulting to public sector clients in all 50 states, Canada and the EU to deliver best-practice solutions and measurable results to state and local public agencies, health plans, insurance departments, and private providers that do business with government agencies.
PCG is committed to a diverse workforce which is a reflection of our clients and the people they serve. Our organizational culture attracts and rewards people who are results-oriented and interested in making an immediate impact on their community as well as their own career.
Assigned short- and long-term tasks on a variety of evaluation and research projects. Travel to client sites for meetings and other data collection, as needed. Expected to complete simple and complex data analyses and assist in developing data collection tools (e.g., surveys and case record review instruments), report drafting and preparation of materials for client presentations. Experience developing and/or participating in comprehensive evaluation methodologies is preferred. Familiarity working with state and private social services agencies, including but not limited to child welfare, juvenile justice, public health and human services agencies is desired.
- Support complex projects and/or production of sophisticated deliverables.
- Develop data collection tools, such as data tracking forms, surveys, and/or case review instruments.
- Conduct simple and complex quantitative analyses using SQL, R and SPSS, among other analysis and statistical software tools.
- Assist with and support the implementation of major project phases or tasks.
- Contribute to the preparation and presentation of status reports for clients.
- Assist in preparing PowerPoint reports and written deliverables.
- Collect, enter and analyze project related qualitative and quantitative data.
- Provide support to internal and external clients using company’s data collection tools.
- Conduct policy, regulatory, and other research on best practices and innovation.
- Develop competency in federal and state policy.
- Synthesize research and policy into concise written documents.
- Assist with other responsibilities as necessary.
- Excellent organizational, oral presentation, and written communication skills.
- Strong analytic skills, including the ability to analyze and organize data and display in professional charts and graphs.
- Ability to work both in a team environment and autonomously.
- Proficiency in analytic software tools, including SQL, R and SPSS.
- Proficiency in Microsoft applications, in particular Word, PowerPoint, and Excel.
- Overtime should be expected.
- Travel up to approximately 50% is required.
- Ability to write complex reports.
- Previous research experience.
- Master's Degree, at a minimum, is required.
- 1-2 plus years conducting evaluation or research and complex analyses is required.
- Knowledge or experience with state and local government programs and services preferred.
Spss (Statistical Software)