To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Toano, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Staff Accountant - Richmond/Toano - Virginia VA
Lumber Liquidators, Inc • Toano, VA
Posted 29 days ago
Lumber Liquidators…A GREAT place to work!
With more than 400 locations, Lumber Liquidators is North America’s largest specialty retailer of hardwood flooring. Our associates drive our success through a commitment to providing customers with the highest quality product at the lowest prices. Lumber Liquidators offers excellent career growth opportunities. Other benefits include a low premium medical plan, paid holidays and time off, a 401(k) plan with an employer match that is immediately vested, and a casual work environment.
GENERAL POSITION SUMMARY
This position performs staff accounting work, including performing general ledger account reconciliations, preparing daily journal entries and periodic variance analysis.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS (DUTIES AND REQUIREMENTS) OF THE POSITION
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to complete each essential function (job duty/requirement) satisfactorily. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities or sincerely held beliefs, to perform the essential functions. Contact HR for additional information.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
- Work with the finance team and other departments to provide, analyze and interpret financial data
- Assist the Accounting Supervisor, Accounting Manager and Senior Accountants with month end closing procedures
- Prepare monthly account reconciliations
- Prepare and maintain monthly and ongoing reports and schedules
- Calculate, prepare and enter various month end journal entries
- Maintain and create documented procedures for routine reports and processes
- Provide periodic comparative variance analysis: actual to budget, actual to forecast, etc.
- Communicate with all levels of management regarding account variances
- Work on special projects and prepare ad hoc reporting and analysis as requested
- Develop and implement accounting reports and schedules; recommend changes to existing documents, as needed, to enhance value and usefulness
- Prepare schedules for internal and external auditors and respond to auditor information requests and inquiries
- Responsible for the integrity and accuracy of the general ledger and subsidiary ledgers
- Ensure accuracy and compliance with organization accounting policies and with GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley requirements.
- Proactively assist others. Step in and help when and as needed
- Execute special projects and perform other duties as assigned.
- Ability to solve problems and apply creative and timely solutions.
- Attendance and reliability is extremely important in this position
- Customer Focus – Establish and maintain effective customer relationships. Seek to understand customer needs and deliver solutions that meet customer expectations.
- Accountability – Follow through on commitments. Take personal responsibility for decisions, actions, and failures.
- Collaboration – Cooperate with others to achieve shared objectives and get work done. Consider interests of others as well as one’s own.
- Instill Trust – Show consistency in word and action. Treat others with respect. Operate with honesty and integrity.
- Change Management – Adaptable to a fast paced, shifting work environment; willing to remain flexible to accommodate changing business conditions, work requirements, customer and scheduling needs.
- Detail Oriented – Attention to detail, ability to focus on the project or task-at-hand, adherence to Company policies and requirements while consistently delivering error free results.
- Leads by example in following the Company Code of Business Conduct (Ethics), all applicable tenants of the Lacey Act and all other applicable laws, policies and procedures. Immediately reports all concerns to the appropriate party.
Lifting / Carrying Requirements
10 lbs. or less
11 – 20 lbs.
21 – 50 lbs.
51 – 80 lbs.
Reach – Outward
Over 80 lbs.
Reach – Above Shoulder
Push / Pull Requirements
Climb – Ladder Use
10 lbs. or less
11 – 15 lbs.
Squat or Kneel
16 – 40 lbs.
41 – 80 lbs.
Over 80 lbs.
N (Not Applicable)
Activity is rarely required or is not applicable to this occupation.
Required up to 33% of the time (0 to 2 ½ hours/day)
Required between 33% to 50% of the time (2 ½ to 4 hours/day)
Required more than 50% of the time (more than 4 hours per day)
Other Physical Requirements:
- Vision (Near, Distance, Color, Peripheral, Depth Perception)
- Ability to effectively communicate with others; ability to speak, understand and write English required
- Associate’s or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or Finance, required
Related Experience, Qualifications and/or Certifications:
- One to two years of accounting experience, required; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Retail experience serving medium to large retailers, preferred
- Ability to communicate effectively and professionally with all levels of the organization, including director and executive levels of management
- Ability to prioritize and manage commitments to deliver results
- Ability to multi-task and adjust to changing priorities in a fast-paced, retail environment in a growing organization
- Ability to present information and ideas to co-workers, external business partners, and other members of the organization.
Computer Skills / Special Equipment Knowledge:
- Intermediate to advanced level expertise in MS Office (Word, Outlook, Excel)
- Experience with accounting software and management tools; SAP experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of GAAP
Individuals in this position generally work in an office environment that involves the use of office equipment, such as computers, copiers, telephones, and other office machinery/equipment. Individuals may experience occasional exposure to a retail sale and/or warehouse environment involving material moving and heavy equipment (e.g. forklift) where there may be some exposure to moderate noise, outdoor elements (heat and cold) and airborne particles.
The Company has reviewed this job description to ensure that essential functions and basic duties have been included. It is intended to provide guidelines for job expectations and the employee's ability to perform the position described. It is not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all functions, responsibilities, skills and abilities. Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors as deemed appropriate. This document does not represent a contract of employment, and does not change the “at-will” relationship. Lumber Liquidators reserves the right to change this job description and/or assign tasks for the employee to perform, as the Company may deem appropriate. Contact the Human Resources department (HR) with any questions.
- Job Function External Exempt Corporate
- Pay Type Salary