229047 OBJECTIVE OF THE POSITION:
Maintenance Technicians maintain and promote excellence in hospitality and customer service at all times; maintaining cleanliness, functionality, and safety of guest rooms, common areas, and the remainder of the facilities.JOB SUMMARY:
Maintenance Technicians will perform a variety of maintenance and repair tasks in order to keep the hotel in compliance. The candidate will work easily in a fast-paced environment while maintaining an optimistic, energetic attitude to make a difference in everything they do.ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Greet customers as you see them, speak politely, and assist customers.
- Maintains the basic upkeep of all rooms and common areas by ensuring all furniture, appliances and electrical equipment such as televisions, refrigerators, and light fixtures are in working order.
- Ensures all paint and flooring meet company standards.
- Repairs or replaces all HVAC systems such as individual air conditioning units as needed.
- Cleans and maintains the hotel\\u2019s exterior spaces such as the parking lot, swimming pool, landscaping, etc.
- Ensure the interior and exterior of the hotel is well maintained
- Perform minor adjustments on HVAC systems, room furniture, fixtures and other items in the hotel
- Supervise the preventative maintenance program
- Report major repair needs to the General Manager
- Assist in setup/cleanup of meeting rooms
- Assist in other areas of the hotel as needed
- Respond to guest inquiries and requests and resolve issues in a timely, friendly and efficient manner.
- Maintain a safe facility and use safety first practices to remain accident-free.
- Other duties as assigned by your manager.
- High School Diploma or GED or equivalent years of relevant work experience required.
- 1 or more years of Maintenance/Grounds experience required
All offers of employment may be conditioned on receipt of a background check report and/or drug screen that is acceptable to Love\\u2019s.SKILLS AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS:
- Hard Skills: Ability to learn and operate a casher register; Ability to learn and perform basic office/clerical tasks
- Soft Skills: Good verbal and written communication skills, time management skills, organization skills, can-do attitude, sense of urgency, and strong work ethic.
- Typical Physical Demands:
- Regularly required to talk and hear.
- Requires standing and walking, with some bending, kneeling, stooping, crouching, crawling, and climbing.
- Occasional light lifting not over 50lbs.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee will primarily be working within a hotel environment working directly with food and beverages and interacting with the public face-to-face. Occasionally, the employee may be exposed to high-concentrated cleaning solutions, dust, dirt, or grime. The noise level in the work environment will be at a low level.TRAVEL REQUIREMENTS
:No travel is expected for this position.DIVERSITY STATEMENT:
From the founding of Love\\u2019s, our leaders have been passionate about providing excellent customer experiences and helping our Team Members grow. We do both within a culture of respect and inclusion. In order to sustain this culture, we will welcome individuals who are diverse in experiences, age, race, gender, sexual orientation, religion and physical or mental ability. Also, we are committed to sustaining a professional working environment where ALL people feel respected. By doing these things we will cultivate diversity of thought and a spirit of innovation.Job Function(s):
Love\\u2019s Travel Stops & Country Stores is the industry-leading travel stop network in the United States. For more than 55 years, we\\u2019ve provided customers with highway hospitality and \\u201cClean Places, Friendly Faces.\\u201d We\\u2019re passionate about serving drivers with clean, modern facilities stocked with fuel, food and supplies. We offer meals from popular restaurant chains, trucking supplies, showers and everything needed to get back on the road quickly. The Love\\u2019s Family of Companies includes:
- Gemini Motor Transport, one of the industry\\u2019s safest trucking fleets
- Speedco, the light mechanical and trucking service specialists
- Musket, a rapidly growing, Houston-based commodities supplier and trader
- Trillium, a Houston-based alternative fuels expert
Hardworking And Dedicated