To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Fort Lauderdale, FL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Principal - Southwest Louisiana Charter Academy
Charter Schools USA • Fort Lauderdale, FL
Posted 9 days ago
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Serves as Educational Leader of the School
- Develops and coordinates educational programs in accordance with CSUSA and state standards and guidelines.
- Supervises the guidance program to enhance individual student education and development.
- Leads school-level planning of processes to ensure development, implementation, and evaluation of all school programs and activities.
- Supervises the instructional programs of the school, ensures lesson plans are evaluated and observes classes on a regular basis to encourage the use of a variety of instructional strategies and materials consistent with CSUSA guidelines and procedures.
- Requests and allocates supplies, equipment and instructional material as required in CSUSA guidelines and procedures.
- Formulates student personnel policies within CSUSA guidelines.
- Approves and provides supervision to school student activity programs.
- Provides regular opportunities for students to celebrate success in instructional programs and extracurricular activities
Serves as Chief Administrator of School
- Plans, organizes, and directs implementation of all school activities.
- Works to achieve/sustain 100% of projected student enrollment capacity.
- Establishes and promotes high standards and expectations for all students and staff for academic performance and responsibility for behavior.
- Maintains a professional rapport with students and staff.
- Operates school within approved budget ad follows budgetary guidelines.
- Delegates authority to responsible personnel to assume responsibility for the school in the absence of the principal.
- Tours school frequently to monitor safety, security and effectiveness of school programs.
- Plans and directs building maintenance.
- Supervises all operations involving the management of the school including school funds, payroll, purchases, inventories and office operations.
- Prepares and submits the school’s budgetary requests and monitors expenditures.
- Prepares or supervises the preparation of reports, records, lists and all other paperwork required or appropriate to the school’s administration.
- Plans and supervises fire drills, emergency readiness programs and ensures a safe school environment.
- Directs preparation and maintenance of class schedule, cumulative records and attendance reports.
- Ensures personnel and student records are complete and secure.
- Ensures compliance with Federal, state, and local regulations and policies.
- Communicates with supervisor regularly about the needs, successes, and general operation and performance of the school.
- Supervises and establishes schedules and procedures for the supervision of students in non-classroom areas, including before and after school, and student pick-up and drop-off areas.
- Completes in a timely fashion all records and reports as requested by CSUSA.
- Manages and administers CSUSA workers compensation program.
- Follows policy for the school’s Abuse posting requirements.
- Adheres to statutory, regulatory and company hiring guidelines, including completing background checks for all school personnel, contacting references and verifying employment history.
Supervises and Develops Staff
- Motivates staff to achieve school objectives.
- Communicates with staff and is responsive to their workplace-related needs.
- Evaluates performance of staff and provides ongoing performance feedback.
- Counsels staff regarding inappropriate behavior or violation of CSUSA policies and/or practices.
- Adheres to Human Resources policies and practices. Notifies appropriate CSUSA personnel of serious employee violations.
- Maintains a productive and positive employee climate.
- Selects and hires school staff, including teachers and school-based support staff.
- Adheres to statutory, regulatory and company hiring guidelines, including policies and procedures for background check and employment history verification.
- Ensures the annual re-appointment process of staff is completed timely and within budget.
Communicates with Stakeholders
- Communicates regularly with parents, seeking their support and advice, to create a cooperative relationship to support the students in the school.
- Establishes and maintains relationships with colleges, community organizations and other CSUSA schools to promote the school.
- Confers with teachers, students, and parents concerning educational and behavioral issues in school.
- Maintains a positive, cooperative, and mutually supportive relationship with CSUSA, parents and community.
- Confers with Board Members and responds appropriately to issues that arise
- Represents school and CSUSA at community functions.
- Uses effective presentation skills when addressing students, staff, parents, board member and the community.
- Articulates the school’s vision, values, and goals and models those values.
- Attends special events held to recognize student achievement, attends school sponsored activities, functions and athletic events.
- Promotes school in community.
**MAY PERFORM OTHE DUTIES AS ASSIGNED**
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified.
SKILLS AND KNOWLEDGE
- Demonstrates the ability to lead people and get results through others.
- Has the ability to think ahead and plan over a 1-2 year time span.
- Has the ability to organize and manage multiple priorities.
- Possesses problem analysis and problem resolution at both a strategic and functional level.
- Collaborates to establish and manage the school’s budgets and resources, including negotiating variances and related reporting.
- Has experience with employee training and development.
- Possesses strong customer and student orientation.
- Possesses excellent communication skills: Oral (including presentations), Written, Interpersonal (active listening), Negotiating and Influencing.
- Has experience leading high performance teams and is a strong team player.
- Has a strong track record for analyzing complex problems/issues, identifying patterns and recommending creative solutions.
- Possesses broad conceptual perspective and forward-thinking on business issues and their long-term impact on the business unit, the finance function and the firm. Ability to systematically analyze complex issues and data.
- Is proactive and takes initiative. Thinks creatively. Drives projects to completion. Insists on highest level of quality.
- Is detailed knowledge of Federal, State, and local requirements for K-12 schools and charter school law preferred.
- No physical exertion required.
- Required to sit and/or stand for long periods of time.
- Light work: Exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force as frequently as needed to move objects.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The noise level in the work environment is moderate. Noise level may rise during periods of high student traffic.
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT
- Salary and benefits shall be paid consistent with CSUSA salary and benefit policy. Length of the work year and hours of employment shall be those established by Charter Schools USA.
- This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.
FLSA OVERTIME CATEGORY
Job is exempt from the overtime provisions of the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA).
Performance will be evaluated in accordance with Charter Schools USA Policy.
The Charter Schools USA Human Resources Department retains the sole right and discretion to make changes to this job description. Any employee making changes unauthorized by Human Resources Department will be subject to disciplinary action up to and including termination.
- Master’s degree (MA) from an accredited college or university or equivalent.
- Professional Certification in Educational Leadership for Applicable State.
- 2 - 5 years relevant experience (in school administration preferred) and/or training.
- Experience in student instruction.
- Demonstrated ability to lead a school community toward improved academic achievement.
- Computer literacy skills; proficient in Windows, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint; Student Information System (SIS).
- Equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Such alternatives to the above requirements as CSUSA may find appropriate and acceptable.