To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Brewster, NY 10509
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Email Send Failed!
Mechanical Engineer Intern (Summer 2018) - Brewster, NY
Hubbell Inc • Brewster, NY
Posted 4 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Hubbell Incorporated is an international manufacturer of quality electrical and electronic products for a broad range of non-residential and residential construction, industrial and utility applications. With 2016 revenues of $3.5 billion, Hubbell Incorporated operates manufacturing facilities in the United States, Canada, Switzerland, Puerto Rico, Mexico, the People's Republic of China ("China"), Italy, the United Kingdom, Brazil and Australia. Hubbell also participates in joint ventures in Taiwan and Hong Kong, and maintains sales offices in Singapore, China, India, Mexico, South Korea, and countries in the Middle East. The corporate headquarters is located in Shelton, CT.
Business Group Overview:
Hubbell Commercial & Industrial ( HCI ) offers an array of electrical and electronic wiring devices, wire management systems, occupancy sensors and specialized wiring products. We’re a comprehensive source of electrical boxes, fittings and enclosures for a variety of world-wide markets including harsh / hazardous location, commercial and residential markets, as well as, providing innovative solutions for high voltage power supplies and test equipment, heavy duty cable management, industrial, outdoor and hazardous location communications equipment.
The Hubbell Summer Internship Program is a 10-week program providing students the opportunity to gain corporate experience, learn about all aspects of our business, and prepare students with the kind of experience needed to have a rewarding career at Hubbell.
The mechanical engineering internship entails updating designs to meet the current manufacturing process, updating drawings to 3D CAD models, creating standard build documents for each design, and reviewing legacy parts and product drawings. Additional responsibilities may include loading mechanical drawings and other documentation into an electronic database and creating standard work procedures for loading the documents and updating the drawings.
Benefits of a Hubbell Internship:
- Apply skills and knowledge learned in the classroom to on-the-job experiences.
- Comprehensive, value-added project(s).
- Work in teams and with colleagues in a professional environment.
- Develop technical skills specific to your major.
- Provides opportunities for professional development by building relationships and learning about other parts of the business.
- End of summer presentation to the local management team.
ROLES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Participate in new product design
- Prototype design.
- Failure analysis.
- Engineering documentation.
- Manufacturing documents.
- Collaborate with marketing, engineering, manufacturing, and sales departments.
- Develop time-management and leadership skills.
- Hands-on assembly and test opportunities.
- Learn skills working with common engineering tools:
- Autocad Inventor.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
- Student must be enrolled in an accredited university working towards a Bachelor’s degree in Mechanical Engineering.
- Minimum GPA requirement of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Programs.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a team environment.
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.