To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Retail Finance Manager
True Value • Chicago, IL
Posted 4 days ago
True Value Company is the only hardlines wholesaler with a globally-recognized brand and serves over 4,400 retail locations in 60 countries. Our focus is making an impact with our customers. Joining True Value offers a culture that:
- Embraces personal and professional growth
- Recognizes diverse perspectives
- Provides competitive compensation while balancing your work-life needs
- Commitment to volunteerism and community outreach
Your Value = Our Value. True Value.
We have an immediate need for an Retail Finance Manager focused on providing best in class financial solutions. The Retail Finance Manager (RFM) safeguards the Company's financial risk, manages accounts receivable, consults and performs financial analysis, acts as a trusted resource to Growth/Sales associates in the implementation of Company initiatives and to achieve retailer growth. Involved in the pre-qualification, development and promotion of retailer growth opportunities, acting as the project advocate before the Finance Committee; working one on one with retailers/investors to address their business plans and ensure project funding is properly structured and capitalized; assists retailers in finding funding sources for capitalizing their business, to sustain growth projects, or for restructuring existing debt. One on one consultation with retailers will involve development of financial strategies that create resolutions to cash flow shortfalls by addressing their financial and operational challenges and developing plans of action that result in improved cash flow, greater profitability and enhanced revenue growth. The Retail Finance Manager will continually develop and maintain relationships with new and existing lending resources/partners to maintain a database of regional and national lenders who can be used for referrals when consulting with retailers and Growth/Sales associates on growth opportunities needing capitalization and financial challenges needing financial restructuring. The Retail Finance Manager will implement business processes that fulfill management developed strategic business objectives.
- Sr Credit Analysts
- Credit Analysts
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (in order of importance):
- Consults with Growth/Sales and retailers/customers to develop plans to take advantage of growth/sales opportunities, find resolutions to financial and operational challenges facing retailers, and address funding that properly capitalizes growth opportunities to sustain growth, an restructures existing debt to improve cash flow
- Manages the regions accounts receivables, reviews credit limits, and analyzes the financial condition of retailers. Receivables are managed and collected by the RFM and analysts. RFM is also responsible for gathering financial statements to review credit limits or the financial performance of an entity, or group of entities, as it relates to payment history or growth opportunities
- Makes field visits to Retailer stores to discuss growth opportunities and financial issues, to company Reunion/trade show and to monthly meetings with Growth and operating personnel as needed, formulating action plans as a direct result of analysis and put into motion procedures/plans to attain desired profitability and growth
- Provides coaching to direct reports, leading to performance meeting to set standards of excellence, proper levels of risk being monitored, proper due diligence being applied to collection efforts, appropriate financial analysis being diligently applied to assess risk and opportunity, and encouraging personal growth leading to advancement of responsibility. Actively participate in the process of underwriting growth loans and conversion assistance
- Focuses on decision making that safeguards the company's financial risk by managing appropriate levels of credit and participating in the project underwriting process
- Implements business processes that fulfill management developed strategic business plans
- Provides leadership developing teamwork with all business unit interfaces, promoting goodwill and stewardship with every opportunity
- Partners with our Legal department where legal action is necessary to address retailer delinquency to ensure cost effective efforts are applied, to maximize return, and provide professional and knowledgeable testimony where required
- Seven to ten years of related work experience required
- Commercial Credit and Collections experience required
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.