Join a global professional services leader. We are committed to solving the world’s biggest challenges in the areas of water, energy and urbanization.
The Future Energy Leader - North America
will be responsible for the growth and delivery of cleaner energy strategies, best practices, alternatives and solutions to foster transition in the electric power generation and oil & gas sectors, and natural gas utility industries, as well as providing emphasis on the renewables industry. This person will lead a group of professionals across North America focusing on traditional renewables (wind and solar), offshore wind, transmission and distribution connection, decarbonization of the power sector, decarbonization of the gaseous and liquid fuels sector, energy storage, hydrogen, renewable natural gas, and carbon capture, utilization and storage. The focus will be on providing strategic planning and roadmaps for GHD Future Energy activities in North America, oversight of the North American Future Energy team, interface into the global Future Energy team for integration of strategy, and holding a seat on the Future Energy Global Steering Committee. This position will also work to grow a team through strategic recruitment activities.
The position will report to GHD’s Global Leader for Future Energy.
Clients & Markets:
- Develops and executes the GHD strategy for North America in Future Energy across all GHD markets, in collaboration with the North American team and in harmony with the global Future Energy strategy for GHD
- Actively participates as a leader on the Global Future Energy Steering Committee, helping to shape the strategy and align regional and global business goals and accelerate growth
- Builds on previous client relationships to provide opportunities and support development. Actively participates in key client meetings
- Builds effective relationships with key existing clients, while also expanding the client base
- Actively participates in professional and/or industrial organizations to promote the GHD brand
- Promotes and collaborates in the development of innovative project delivery methods
- Leads development of external market and brand collateral, campaigns, thought leadership, and strategic external engagements to position GHD firmly at the leading edge of the Future Energy market
- Collaborates with Global, North American and Regional Market Leaders, Key Client Managers, Service Line Leaders, Client Sector Leaders, and Operations to achieve excellent business outcomes
- Responsible for the overall Future Energy connected network throughout GHD, as well as the dedicated staff providing Future Energy services
- Develops and mentors senior leadership and/or rising talent within the organization
- Works with project directors, managers, and teams to establish and improve Business Group job delivery skills
- Attracts strategic hires to develop the team
- Provides strong ties in the Global Future Energy team and collaboration with CEO level within GHD to promote growth, as well as the North American Leadership Team
Experience and Skills Required:
- Drives development and execution of the strategy
- Pre-positions for key projects and clients and develops opportunities
- Develops approaches for responses to RFPs, scope of work packages, budgets, and progress reports
- Drives project teams to provide successful and technically sound project deliveries to meet and exceed client and GHD requirements
- Manages, mitigates, and reports on risks within the Business Group
- Adheres to GHD Management Systems for Safety, Integrity, Quality, and Environment
- Drives positive client interaction, as verified through client surveys
Key Performance Indicators:
- Education requirement – degree in a recognized technical or financial/advisory field
- Required years of experience - Minimum of 15 years’ experience in the energy market with strong connections to the energy market in North America/globally building a team of experts, delivery of work in this area, and/or senior advisory services in this field
- Required technical skills - Excellent knowledge and demonstrated experience originating and delivering projects in North American energy markets
- Other skills - Excellent written and oral communication skills; proven ability to develop, mentor and lead professional technical staff
Our commitment to you
- Develop a market strategy, execution roadmap, and business plan within 3 months; interface with and take account of existing plans and client/industry connections
- Increase GHD’s market share through new and existing client development by $2M of booked work in Year 1 and $5M in Year 2
- Blend client billable work with business development strategies; utilization goal will be 30% (after first 9 months of employment)
- Lead and execute recruitment of strategic hires/new staff into GHD to match the expected market growth;
- Identify and solicit possible mergers and acquisitions in the Future Energy space in North America, in alignment with the global Future Energy initiative.
- Timely, cost effective and quality delivery of Services by Business Group, as measured through client (internal and external) feedback
- Responsible for growing backlog and maintaining pipeline as well as leading strategic pursuits
- Undertake limited Project Director roles on key pursuits and projects, where strategically aligned with the Future Energy initiative
Fostering gender balance, diversity and inclusion, and acceptance of flexible working is central to the way GHD does business. We offer a professional, friendly and inclusive culture based on our core values of Safety, Teamwork, Respect and Integrity.
In addition to a competitive salary, GHD provides attractive career options including professional development via our GHD Business School, additional leave, and family-friendly flexible work arrangements.
Be a part of a high functioning team, where everything we do is inspired by a level of passion and professional pride that comes from being employee owned. This ownership is what sets us apart and means our people enjoy an unrivalled amount of autonomy in their roles. It helps drive our passion and accountability in how we serve our clients, deliver projects, and pursue new opportunities.
So, do you have what it takes: passion, collaboration, imagination and values that match our own?
As one of the world’s leading professional services companies, GHD delivers iconic projects that shape our landscapes, support our communities and set the path of our collective future. To do this, we actively seek and nurture the very best people in their respective fields to join our team of over 10,000 professionals operating in the markets of water, energy and resources, environment, property and buildings, and transportation.
In return, we offer remarkable career shaping opportunities to extend your skills and gain global experience.