GENERAL JOB SUMMARY: Performs a variety of tasks to support manufacturing including, but not limited to equipment fabrication, modification and/or repairs
May also be involved in building and facility fabrication, modification and/or maintenance
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS: Each successive level of Maintenance Technician builds on the identified typical qualifications listed for previous level(s).
• Performs and documents maintenance performed and all pertinent maintenance records.
• Constructs and repairs a variety of structures such as walls, doors/windows, stairs, roofs, bins, partitions and office equipment.
• Ability to perform MIG welding.
• Mixes and applies paints and other finishing coats to interior and exterior surfaces by means of brush, spray gun or roller.
• Knows and follows effective safety standards, practices and techniques pertaining to general maintenance and construction work.
• Supports and exhibits the focus of zero defects as well as “right-the-first-time” approach.
• Performs lockout/tagout functions in accordance with safe practices and company procedures.
• Assists other maintenance personnel with daily activities.
• Maintains a clean work area and ensuring strict adherence to the 5S Standards.
• Complies with established QMS procedures.
• Follows safety procedures and protocols.
• Forklift certifiable.
• May drive between company locations as required
Must possess a valid driver’s license of the appropriate class type.
• Tracks daily hours worked in timekeeping system accurately
Maintenance Technician II
• Works under minimal supervision.
• Uses spreadsheets and databases to document maintenance performed and all pertinent maintenance records.
• Demonstrates effective troubleshooting skills and repairs on autoclaves, presses, CNC and various other types of production equipment using standard tools and test equipment
Maintenance Tech III
• Works very independently.
• Plans (including cost estimates), designs and installs electrical and mechanical systems for production equipment.
• Troubleshoots and performs minor program changes in various types of programmable logic controllers.
• Assists the Facilities Manager in planning and coordinating work.
• May provide training to lower-level Maintenance Technicians upon supervisor’s request/approval
Other Job Functions
• Other duties may be assigned SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITY:
• None JOB REQUIREMENTS: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
• Ability to maintain sensitive and confidential information as required by government standards
• Ability to interact effectively with peers and supervisors
• Ability to interact appropriately with the public when necessary
• Ability to adhere to workplace rules
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE: Each successive level of Maintenance Technicians builds on the identified typical qualifications listed for the previous level(s) Maintenance Technicians
Maintenance Technician II
• Must be able to demonstrate accurate basic math skills.
• Must be able to demonstrate the accurate use of a tape measure.
• Must be able to read and interpret drawings.
• Must be able to interpret and work from industry specifications.
• Basic computer skills with the ability to navigate around files.
• Requires high school education or equivalent.
• Must be able to meet the physical requirements of the position with or without a reasonable accommodation.
• Must possess valid California driver’s license and clean DMV record.
• May be required to obtain and maintain a U.S
security clearance at the appropriate level (requires U.S
• Preferably 3-5 years of hands on experience in a facilities/maintenance role.
• Demonstrated ability of Level II duties and responsibilities.
• Experience in 120Vsingle phase - 480 3 phase electrical
• Hydraulic press maintenance experience desirable Maintenance Technician III
• Preferably 5+ years hands-on experience in composite manufacturing.
• Must be able to troubleshoot and perform minor program changes in various types of programmable logic controllers.
• Demonstrated ability of Level III duties and responsibilities.
• May require Security Clearance WORK ENVIRONMENT / PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:
• Standing, walking, lifting, bending, reaching, grasping, stooping, kneeling, climbing.
• Working with a variety of hand tools, power tools and other related equipment.
• Occasionally lifts and carries objects weighing up to 50lbs.
• Works in non-temperature controlled environments.
• Works in confined spaces.
• May work from a variety of surfaces, level or unleveled, when performing job duties.
• May work extended hours or weekends.
• Occasional exposure to noise, hazardous materials and dust.
• Ability to stand and sit for long periods of time.
• Ability to perform repetitive motion (keyboarding, 10-key, phones).
• Employee may generate, handle, manage, or work around hazardous materials and hazardous wastes
• 25-35% - May be required to and from vendor locations and other KUAS offices
Travel: 25% Kratos Defense is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer
EOE, Minorities, Females, Vet, Disabled, Sexual Orientation, Gender Identity or any other protected class
All qualified job seekers are encouraged to apply
Kratos Defense is committed to America's veterans by providing opportunities for them to continue contributing after service to our nation
We also work to provide reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities
EEO Is The Law Disability Accessibility Accommodation If you require an accommodation to navigate or apply to our careers site, please send your request to or call
Any inquires not related to requesting an accommodation will be discarded
Pay Transparency The company will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant
Job Applicant Privacy Notice For applicants in the EU and California residents, please review our privacy notice.
- Composite Materials
- Confined Spaces
- Forklift Truck