For immediate consideration, please send your most up-to-date resume to Krystyna at [ Email removed ] - URL blocked - click to apply!
General Maintenance Mechanic
The person hired for the position of a 1st shift
General Maintenance Mechanic will provide technical systems assistance for installation, maintenance, troubleshooting, repair and modification of plant wide equipment including robotics, pneumatic and hydraulic. Troubleshoot and solve complex equipment problems. Development and implementation of maintenance procedures and techniques for a safe, reliable and efficient operation of the plant. Analyze data to provide equipment maintenance plan. Development and training of maintenance and production workforce.
This position provides an opportunity to transition from other private, public, government or military environments to a career with our client.
Primary Responsibilities include but are not limited to the following:
• Performs emergency maintenance and troubleshoots, repairs, modifies and make adjustments to plant manufacturing equipment.
• Installs, repairs and/or replaces internal and external machine components such as shafts, bearings, gars, pulleys, rolls, coupling, and motors.
• Troubleshoots and diagnoses equipment malfunctions and make repairs or adjustments based on diagnosis by using repair parts, correcting existing parts, or using innovation to select substitute parts.
• Perform millwright tasks; Moves material, equipment and machinery using standard methods of lifting, rigging, hoisting, blocking, skidding and rolling.
• Perform Preventive, Predictive, and Emergency Maintenance inclusive of:
o Production and facility equipment including but not limited to, lifting, hoisting and material handling equipment, safety devices, boilers, plumbing systems, compressors, and HVAC systems following standard procedures as indicated on PM route sheets or in equipment manuals. Set-up PMs on new equipment. Updates PMs on existing equipment. Reviews cycle time on existing PM
• Completes shop work orders for Corrective Maintenance, Emergency Maintenance and Preventive Maintenance per SOPs and other requirements.
• Works with Planner/Scheduler and engineering to make any improvements to equipment through corrective maintenance procedures.
• Assembles, fits, and aligns machinery and equipment using precision testing and measuring instruments, such as scales, dial indicators, micrometers, hole gauges, telescope gauges, tramming tools and similar instruments.
• Sets up, operates and maintains shop equipment such as hand tools, wrenches, electric and air powered portable tools; carpentry tools and machine tools such as grinders, welding, drill presses, saws and similar machine shop equipment; and moving, lifting and hoisting equipment.
• Maintain and improve vacuum pumps, hydraulic pumps, chemical feed pumps, centrifugal pumps, gear pumps, vane pumps, auger and screw pumps and pneumatic diaphragm pumps.
• Perform basic welding and fabrication tasks.
• Assist in the training of other employees.
• Keeps work area clean and free from hazards, following proper 5S principles
• Documents and coordinates maintenance activities between maintenance crew by utilizing log books and shift crossover.
• Coordinates with Planner/Scheduler for work assignments
• Provides information to entire maintenance crew regarding equipment or compliance issues.
• Updates production supervisors on status of repair and further anticipated downtime.
• Able to follow written and verbal instructions and communicate effectively. Must be able to read, write legibly, understand and communicate effectively in English.
• Attend Maintenance Tier meetings
• Makes daily maintenance Log book entries, CMMS daily time entry, stock inventory forms, equipment log book entries, updates and revises PMs as needed. Actively wears all required protective equipment; uniform/protective clothing, safety glasses, hearing protection, safety shoes, gloves, respirator (when required), etc. Follows specific gowning procedures as required.
• Uses safe working methods/procedures at all times to avoid personal injury, injury to co-workers, or damage to company property and reports all unsafe working conditions to supervisor immediately.
• Completes all required training
This position will require:
• Weekend work
• Working overtime
• Working in confined spaces
• Working on holidays as needed
• Short notice shift coverage
• Respirator use (when required)
• Donning fall protection
• Frequent physical demands, including:
o lift up to 55 pounds unassisted and 70 pounds with assistance.
o frequent standing/sitting/squatting/crawling
o Climb and conduct work at heights
o Work on ladders maintaining 3 point of contact
• Possess a High School Diploma/ or GED, or higher from an accredited institution
• Minimum 5 years of prior experience as a maintenance mechanic in a private, public, government or military environment
• Experience in manufacturing in a private, public, government or military environment.
• Must possess demonstrated knowledge of mechanical design & operation, including hydraulics, pneumatics, gear boxes, lubrication, etc.
• Must possess basic understanding of predictive and preventative maintenance and condition monitoring techniques.
• Must possess computer skills with emailing, web browsing, and other basic functions
• Self-starter with the ability to work independently.
• Able to work in a team environment and show flexibility in job role.
• Must have strong mathematical skills.
Location: Meriden, CT- Purification plant
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at [ Phone number blocked ] - ||
Rigging (Sailing Ship)