Eaton's Hydraulic FiltrationDivision has an opportunity for a Strategic Procurement Manager. This position will be based in our EdenPrairie, MN location.
Reporting to the Director ofOperations, this person will directly manage one Global Commodity Manager, oneSupplier Development Engineer, and one Procurement Team Lead with 4second-level reports. This role hasglobal responsibility for the SCM Procurement function for the Filtrationbusiness to develop and implement commodity strategies, develop & executecost out initiatives implement standard processes, and drive functionalimprovement and development. This role will work cross-functionally with SupplyChain, Product Management, Operations, Engineering, and Finance to develop,manage and implement the annual profit plan cost out strategies which meet theorganization’s cost goals and standardize SCM processes across the Filtrationorganization.
This role is responsible for managingglobal procurement activities for over $60M of direct material spend for theFiltration business. Strategicprocurement requires global coordination of sourcing and supplier relationshipmanagement, developing strategies, identifying and implementing cost reductionopportunities, leading project management activities.
- Build a competent and sustainable team of supply chain professionals. Provide leadership in development of individuals within the direct material procurement functions through coaching, goal setting and personal development initiatives.
- Provide leadership and guidance in the development of global direct material projects and plans to achieve cost out and project schedule goals and objectives.
- Initiate, plan, monitor, execute and close global direct material cost down projects within a portfolio program management tool. The projects will provide NET 3% savings to achieve SCM objectives.
- Collaborate with other SCM Procurement professionals within Hydraulics and Eaton to gain synergies and consolidate spend with strategic suppliers.
- Lead the annual Profit Plan development of the global Filtration SCM Cost Out & Cost Up plans, in conjunction with Filtration leadership, to meet business objectives and align with commodity market forecasts.
- Lead and improve the global monthly cost out and cost up reporting process, including the rest of year forecast as reported in the Cost Out Database.
- Lead critical, strategic cost out projects to ensure key cost reduction targets are met and process is maximized to deliver expected results.
- Develop systems, methodologies and tools to improve standardized sourcing process / divisional operating procedures.
- Develop strong positive ethical relationships with suppliers & adhere to Eaton’s Code of Conduct and drive continued supplier performance improvement.
- Manage supplier compliance and communications associated with Eaton Corporate initiatives (Ethics compliance, EHS requirements, etc.).
- Strong time management skills; ability to work on multiple projects at one time
- Effective leading both junior and senior-level groups
- Professional presence to be able to communicate and operate comfortably and efficiently with senior executives
- Ability to lead teams, influence and manage people
- Demonstrated leader and relationship builder with strong interpersonal skills
- Proven negotiation skills
- Minimum 10 years of supply chain management experience
- Strategic procurement experience
- Manufacturing industry/environment experience required
- Legally authorized to work in the United States without company sponsorship
- Prior experience with metals, castings, and plastics procurement
- Experience working globally and dealing with multi-national and off-shore suppliers
- Demonstrated project leadership success spanning multiple regions
- An undergraduate degree is required. A Master’s degree is preferred
- Eaton recognizes this role as a critical position within the corporation and will create a compelling package consisting of a base salary, employee incentive compensation and complete benefits
- This position will be based in our Eden Prairie, MN location
We make what matters work. Everywhere you look—from the technology and machinery that surrounds us, to the critical services and infrastructure that we depend on every day—you’ll find one thing in common. It all relies on power. That’s why Eaton is dedicated to improving people’s lives and the environment with power management technologies that are more reliable, efficient, safe and sustainable. Because this is what matters.We are confident we can deliver on this promise because of the attributes that our employees embody. We’re ethical, passionate, accountable, efficient, transparent and we’re committed to learning. These values enable us to tackle some of the toughest challenges on the planet, never losing sight of what matters.
Job: Supply Chain / Logistics
Region: North America – US/Puerto Rico
Organization: HYD FFD Fluid Filtration Division
Job Level: Manager
Is remote work (i.e. working from home or another Eaton facility) allowed for this position?: No
Does this position offer relocation?: Relocation from within hiring country only
Travel: Yes, 10 % of the Time