To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
2001 Rankin Road
Houston, TX 77073
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Custom Load Planner - DTS (Transportation)
Ryder Logistics & Transportation • Houston, TX
Posted 16 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Load Planner- Full Time
M-F 1st or 2nd Shift
Transportation/Carrier Exp. Req'd
Logistics, Dispatching, Strong Computers and Fast Paced Environment
The Custom Load Planner uses logistics experience and expertise to plan loads effectively and most efficiently as possible. This individual provides effective planning and coordination of freight for third party logistics, including maximizing service and cost performance of outbound and inbound freight for all customer orders. This is an oil and gas industry position.
Position requires an individual who thinks analytically and has the ability to plan ahead or decide on the spot in demanding and rapidly changing situations while maintaining professionalism. Position requires working on own authority, but will rely on manager when necessary for final authority or questions
- Bachelor's degree in related field preferred but not required
- Three (3) years or more of experience in similar transportation-related position
- Demonstrated analytical skills
- Excellent organizational skills and strong time management skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to:
- Create and maintain professional relationships within all levels of the organization (peers, work groups, customers, and supervisors)
- Work independently and as a member of a team
- Flexibility to operate, and self-driven to excel, in a fast-paced environment
- Capability for multi-tasking and highly organized, with excellent time management skills
- Detail-oriented with excellent follow-up practices
- Understanding of transportation and supply chain management (intermediate level)
- Familiarity with freight rates, carrier-cost structures and how routing methods affect cost (intermediate level)
- Advanced level computer skills, including data input/typing, MS Office and e-mail
- Plans/builds daily routing of loads based on freight distribution to stores from the customer on required delivery dates/times
- Schedules delivery times as required to meet delivery windows or set times by the customer & creates load plan accordingly
- Communicates and coordinates information to the drivers assigned to haul the freight
- Ensures adherence to plan and that all loads are picked-up on-time and delivered on-time to scheduled stores based on customer requirements; also plans and ensures that last minute customer demands to deliver additional freight are met
- Communicates frequently with internal and external customers (stores) to ensure expectations and on-time service requirements are being met per contractual agreement
- Communicates frequently with internal customer (C&S and Ralphs) and external customers (stores) to ensure expectations and on-time service requirements are being met per contractual agreement
- Identifies and executes best and most cost-effective methods are used
- Stays engaged and works closely with drivers and management to ensure detailed information on loads is relayed and completely understood on each move
- Balances freight lanes and miles
- Must report all incidents, accidents, driver discrepancies, etc. to Logistics Manager
- Uses Ryder Transportation Management Systems to plan and enter loads
- Uses judgment and decision-making to ensure service levels
- May be required to share data entry responsibilities for daily high activity input, on an as needed basis
- Keeps management well-informed of activities or potential issues and provides support to operations team members as needed
- Must consistently demonstrate appropriate interaction with management team and customer, as well as with the drivers
- Coordinates with customer’s backhaul team to match all loads with the coordinated backhauls to reduce overall transportation cost
- Performs other duties as assigned
Ryder is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, status as a protected veteran, among other things, or status as a qualified individual with disability.