At EY, you’ll have the chance to build a career as unique as you are, with the global scale, support, inclusive culture and technology to become the best version of you. And we’re counting on your unique voice and perspective to help EY become even better, too. Join us and build an exceptional experience for yourself, and a better working world for all.
Competitive business is driven by intelligent, informed decisions based on robust market research, data, and strategic thinking. As a Strategy and Transactions (SaT) Associate, you'll help clients in the real estate, hospitality, tourism, and cruise sectors make these strategic decisions that drive growth. You will be an important part of a diversely talented, multi-cultural, and highly experienced Miami-based team that works at the forefront of high-profile real estate and hospitality developments, transactions, and corporate investments in established and high-growth growth businesses. Our team of strategic advisors in Miami sits at the heart of both a 150-person US-based real estate Strategy and Transactions team and a global network of industry specialists who deliver high-quality advice throughout the investment lifecycle.
The Miami SaT team works on complex and high-profile global strategic initiatives, transactions, and developments with a broad portfolio of clients, generally in the real estate, hospitality, tourism, and cruise sectors. We are a group of professionals with development, financing, brokerage, and ownership backgrounds, which enables us to bring a wealth of deep sector and functional knowledge to our clients on a variety of projects, including initial feasibility studies, business plan assessments and market analyses, business and asset sustainability assessments, new industry/business growth opportunity studies, and strategic divestitures. As a team, we prepare and execute business plans and identify ideas and sources of value enhancement, as well as advise on risk mitigation. Given today's uncertain economic times as well as the impacts of rapidly-advancing technology and shifting consumer preferences, the role of an independent strategic advisor has never been more important, and real estate developers to publicly traded companies to private equity to family offices are increasingly hiring EY to assess the market and help them plan for the future.
Your key responsibilities
- Participate in real estate, hospitality, and tourism advisory engagements with a focus on development, business plan assessment, valuation, acquisition, and divestiture
- Work on real estate projects related to a variety of property types, are most often hotel, mixed-use hotel and residential, marinas, vacation ownership, recreational real estate (i.e., golf courses, themed attractions), membership clubs, office, and other commercial properties
- Additionally, work on projects in strategic growth industries such as the cruise sector, the timeshare/vacation ownership sector, sustainable development/green development sector, and the health & wellness sector
- Specific responsibilities include financial and cash flow modeling, property/portfolio modeling, business plan validation, data analysis, market research and due diligence, asset and business enterprise valuations and valuation reviews, and report writing
- Work on cross-border engagements in Latin America and the Caribbean.
- Interface directly with clients.
- Lead, supervise and mentor junior staff.
- Participate in pursuit of opportunities through sales and marketing efforts
Skills and attributes for success
- Project Management – be part of project teams comprising colleagues from across the SaT sub service lines
- Business and Commercially Driven – work well in a fast-paced, exciting environment and have strong business acumen to drive value to our clients
- Business Development - assist in aspects of pursuits and proposal development. Contribute to our practice development initiatives, supporting the continued focus on our team as a great place to work
- Learning - learn and develop technical and personal skills to achieve career goals through a blend of structured learning, coaching, and experiences that are globally recognized (the EY experience)
- Building Relationships – cultivate strong working relationships with reputable clients by providing support to key decision makers and with EY team members
To qualify for the role you must have
- A bachelor's degree or graduate degree in real estate, finance, hospitality and/or other relevant academic major and at least 5 years of related work experience
- Strong writing skills, including experience writing business plans and market studies
- Experience in creating complex financial models (cash flow/property/portfolio modeling).
- Experience in real estate underwriting, acquisition due diligence, real estate valuation, asset management, finance, and/or market research
- Willingness and ability to travel, when necessary
- Excellent analytical skills and the confidence to deduce meaningful insights from complex data
- Demonstrated aptitude for quantitative and qualitative analysis
- The ability to prioritize effectively and the skills to adapt quickly to new challenges and concepts
- Solid negotiation and influencing skills, and the ability to develop long-lasting relationships both internally and externally
Ideally, you'll also have
- Spanish and/or Portuguese fluency
- Experience and interest in Latin American and/or Caribbean geographies
- Experience in complex financial models (cash flow/property/portfolio modeling)
- Previous experience in a mergers, acquisitions, development, or advisory role
- Experience gained within another large professional services organization
- Experience managing and mentoring a team
- Management consulting experience
What we look for
We're interested in talented professionals with the ability to visualize our clients' goals and think creatively to facilitate them – often in politically charged environments. If you have an entrepreneurial spirit and a genuine passion for taking on new challenges, this role is for you.
What we offer
We offer a competitive compensation package where you’ll be rewarded based on your performance and recognized for the value you bring to our business. In addition, our Total Rewards package includes medical and dental coverage, pension and 401(k) plans, and a wide range of paid time off options. Under our flexible vacation policy, you’ll decide how much vacation time you need based on your own personal circumstances. You’ll also be granted time off for designated EY Paid Holidays, Winter/Summer breaks, Personal/Family Care, and other leaves of absence when needed to support your physical, financial, and emotional well-being.
Continuous learning: You’ll develop the mindset and skills to navigate whatever comes next.
Success as defined by you: We’ll provide the tools and flexibility, so you can make a meaningful impact, your way.
Transformative leadership: We’ll give you the insights, coaching and confidence to be the leader the world needs.
Diverse and inclusive culture: You’ll be embraced for who you are and empowered to use your voice to help others find theirs.
If you can demonstrate that you meet the criteria above, please contact us as soon as possible.
The exceptional EY experience. It’s yours to build.
EY | Building a better working world
EY exists to build a better working world, helping to create long-term value for clients, people and society and build trust in the capital markets.
Enabled by data and technology, diverse EY teams in over 150 countries provide trust through assurance and help clients grow, transform and operate.
Working across assurance, consulting, law, strategy, tax and transactions, EY teams ask better questions to find new answers for the complex issues facing our world today.
EY is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer providing equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, or any other legally protected basis, including arrest and conviction records, in accordance with applicable law.
EY is committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and either need assistance applying online or need to request an accommodation during the interview process, please call 1-800-EY-HELP3, type Option 2 (HR-related inquiries) and then type Option 1 (HR Shared Services Center), which will route you to EY’s Talent Shared Services Team or email SSC Customer Support at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Strategy and Transactions - Business Valuation Manager - Real Estate Hospitality and Tourism - Miami.
- Acquisition Due Diligence
- Asset Management
- Business Development
- Business Planning
- Coaching And Mentoring