Matthews Memorialization is a leader in the memorialization industry who is committed to helping customers grow their businesses and helping families move from grieving to remembrance by providing products of superior craftsmanship and revenue generating programs and services. Within this industry, our Environmental Solutions is focused on the design and manufacture of advanced combustion systems. Matthews Memorialization is a (MATW) Matthews International company.
URL blocked - click to apply
We're looking for an Electrical Engineer who will be responsible for leading the Electrical Engineering planning and coordination of manufacturing processes in our York manufacturing plant.
- Provide general engineering and design support for a wide range of activities.
- Contributes to troubleshooting issues on the manufacturing floor and determines root causes of failures recommending changes in electrical design.
- Maintain / improve existing automation systems. (Allen Bradley PLC programming for CompactLogix / MicroLogix / PanelView / PowerFlex VFDs)
- Programs industrial robotics in a variety of systems (Kuka, ABB, etc.)
- Interfaces with internal and external resources on new and existing manufacturing electrical systems.
- Creates drawings of electric relay and pneumatic logic design, including BOMs and panel layouts.
- Confers with vendors to determine product specifications and arrange for purchase of equipment, materials, or parts, and evaluated products according to specifications and quality standards.
- Investigate and analyze machinery downtime and engineer solution or corrective activities to eliminate future re-occurrence.
- Confer with management, engineering, and other staff regarding manufacturing capabilities.
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications / Requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or related field
- Advanced degree (MBA, Master’s) preferred
- 6+ years of previous electrical engineering experience
- Occasional travel either locally, nationally, and/or internationally may be required.
- High degree of proficiency MS Office Suite, Outlook & Internet applications
- Strong analytical, prioritizing, interpersonal, problem-solving, presentation, budgeting, project management (from conception to completion), & planning skills
- Strong verbal and written communication skills (including analysis, interpretation, & reasoning)
- Solid understanding and application of mathematical concepts
- Ability to develop and maintain collaborative relationships with peers and colleagues across the organization, as well as, internal and external clients
- Ability to work well autonomously and within a team in a fast-paced and deadline-oriented environment.
- Ability to work with and influence peers and senior management
- Self-motivated with critical attention to detail, deadlines and reporting
- Possess a mechanical aptitude; ability to use a large variety of hand tools and basic knowledge of power tools, forklifts, welding equipment, and cutting torch.
PHYSICAL ASPECTS/WORK ENVIRONMENT:
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals to perform the essential functions.
- Regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk, hear and see.
- Regularly/Occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Regularly/Occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, moving mechanical parts, fumes or airborne particles, extreme cold & heat, risk of electrical shock, and toxic or caustic chemicals.
- The noise level in the work environment may be high.
Matthews International affords equal employment opportunities to employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, genetic information, age, disability or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled
Attention To Detail
Complex Problem Solving