Wexford Health Sources, one of the nation's leading innovative correctional health care companies, provides clients with experienced management and technologically advanced services, combined with programs that control costs while ensuring quality. For nearly two decades, Wexford Health has consistently delivered proven staffing expertise and a full range of medical, behavioral health, pharmacy, utilization management, provider contracting, claims processing, and quality management services.
At Wexford Health our philosophy is that health care should not be considered a luxury for anyone. We simply care for those in need and the corrections environment is our venue.
- Delivers patient care through the nursing process of assessment, planning, implementation and evaluation.
- Directs and guides patient teaching activities and ancillary personnel including LPNs, CNAs and other nursing paraprofessional staff in patient care.
- Assists in the presentation of in-service education sessions.
- Participates in the quality of chart audits.
- Provides written assessment of patient on admission, during confinement and on discharge as requested.
- Assists in minor medical or surgical procedures, medical screenings, and passing medications to inmates.
Standard medical setting in a correctional facility, which includes daily interfacing with inmates, correctional staff, and health care personnel. Temperature extremes may be encountered while moving throughout the facility outdoors and indoors in buildings without air conditioning.
The following requirements list the minimum to qualify. An equivalent combination of education and experience may be accepted.
LICENSING: Currently licensed as a Registered Nurse in the state of Alabama
CERTIFICATION: Current CPR certification
- Graduate of an accredited nursing school
- BSN preferred
- One (1) year clinical experience preferred
- Correctional experience preferred
- Experience giving CPR instructions and possess ability to take charge in a CPR emergency
- Experience with or possess the ability to work in a stressful environment and assist staff with various policies, administrative and organizational projects
- Certified Nursing Assistant
- Licensed Practical Nurse
- Emergency Handling