To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
307 Hartmann Drive
Lebanon, TN 37087
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Import Logistics Manager
Cracker Barrel Old Country Store, Inc. • Lebanon, TN
Posted 3 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Cracker Barrel is seeking an Import Logistics Manager to help develop, manage, and coordinate the movement of freight through the international supply chain through delivery at CBOCS’ retail distribution center. This person will compose purchasing strategies and negotiate import transportation contracts, transloading contracts, and customs brokerage services. You will also Manage the flow of import and export shipments to verify the most cost-effective manner and insure proper routing and complete documentation of all supply chain movements including, but not limited to, ocean vessel transport, international banking provisions, custom brokerage agents, U.S Customs entry and C-TPAT compliance. Our ideal candidate will ensure compliance with all US Customs regulations including classifying merchandise with proper HTS codes prior to shipping from the country of origin.Responsibility
- Carrier Management and Contract Negotiation
- Manage various entities (carriers, forwarders, customs brokers, 3PL’s to ensure timely delivery of CBOCS’ freight
- Compose purchasing strategies, negotiate rates and contract terms and conditions, and design nimble supply chain strategies that maximize efficiency for our retail supply chain.
- Develop key performance indicator reporting. Establish target metrics and manage the members of the supply chain to attain the established metrics.
- Coordinate movement of merchandise with Merchandising to ensure correct shipping / receiving priorities are followed and vendor compliance with vendor compliance manual.
- Keep CBOCS Management and Merchandising informed of all issues and changes in international logistics that could affect business and craft strategies to take advantage of or mitigate effects of those changes.
- Regulatory Compliance
- Ensure compliance with all required import/export regulatory compliance documentation, including US Customs, Fish and Wildlife, US Department of Agriculture, and trademark documentation.
- Manage corporate CTPAT compliance including periodic revalidation with US Customs and vendor CTPAT and Social Compliance inspections
- People Development
- Manage coordinators and analyst to prioritize workload and ensure all required work is completed
- Ensure department is up-to-date on certifications, training, and required documentation to meet the needs of the supply chain.
Bachelor degree in business administration, supply chain, engineering, or other related field required
- Experience with US Customs classification required, Customs Broker License preferred.
- 6 to 10 years experience working in domestic and international logistics and transportation
Must have experience with managing a Customs Broker
Experience with CTPAT revalidation is preferred
US Customs ACE System
US Customs CTPAT Portal