The Branch Manager is responsible for ensuring that the branch office is providing impeccable customer service, integrity and intensity on a branch level. Branch Manager maintains a profit center through the development of loan originators and support staff to achieve optimal sales and profitability goals.
Review, control and report on general ledger activity.
Originate applications and setting appointments for new clients; closing loans for personal production.
Produce mortgage leads for branch by contacting previous and potential customers, realtors, builders, and appraisers to build and maintain positive relationships.
Utilize strategic recruiting techniques to build strong origination and support staff.
Actively coach and advise branch loan originators on loan programs and sales techniques in order to reach individual/branch monthly and annual goals.
Participate in the leadership development program.
Assist in the development and training of personnel, including performance reviews, giving constructive feedback, and administering correction action processes.
Consistently evaluate loan files and assist loan originators on the follow up process on turned down loans.
Ensure that the office is operating in a safe, compliant and effective manner, ensuring that all compliance standards are met.
Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Complete all required compliance training. Maintain knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar's internal compliance policies and procedures. Take responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
- HS Diploma, GED or Foreign Equivalent
- 5+ years in mortgage originating in current lending environment
- Financial experience
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Superior internal/external customer service skills - candidates demonstrate an understanding of the importance of top quality customer service
- Ability to multi-task and work in a fast pace environment
- Ability to work independently, as well as part of a team
- Effective and responsive telephone etiquette
- Previous management experience preferred
- Candidates will possess excellent communication skills, high integrity, and ethical standards
- Successful candidates must have a driven personality accompanied by a demonstrated track record of reaching management presence and sales goals
- Working at assigned location, Mon-Fri, for approximately 8 hours each day, between the hours of 7am to 6pm
- Willingness/ability to work overtime as requested by manager when business needs require
Attention To Detail
See the next step in your career
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: 04552
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Flagstar Bank is a subsidiary of Flagstar Bancorp (NYSE: FBC). Flagstar is a national mortgage originator also operating as a traditional Midwest community bank. Along with personal financial services for consumers, Flagstar offers the full resources of a commercial bank.
View the full profile
Flagstar is headquartered in Troy, Michigan and employs more than 3,500 financial professionals across the U.S.
Flagstar’s recruitment philosophy is simple: find great people and give them the tools to be greater. Working at Flagstar isn’t for the casual or uninvested. We innovate, build, tear down and rebuild until it’s right - until it counts.
The great news is, Flagstar is hiring. If you’re ready to challenge the status quo, we’d love to talk to you. Visit flagstar.com/careers to search job openings and apply.
Flagstar Bank is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Mortgage, Commercial Banking, Personal Financial Services, Government Banking, Small Business Banking