Mount Laurel Animal Hospital offers aspiring veterinary professionals the opportunity to pursue their dreams and turn their passion for learning into a stepping stone for a successful career! We take the health and well-being of our employees seriously, offering flexible working conditions and encouraging a well-rounded work/life balance. Our employees’ quality of life outside of the practice is something we strongly value and support. We are conveniently located 1 hour from New York City and New Jersey shore towns making us an excellent choice to work and play! It’s not just a job, it’s a lifestyle.
Emergency Room/ICU Veterinary Assistant - All Shifts
The successful candidate will be able to assist doctors and technicians with patients in the Emergency and ICU departments of Mount Laurel Animal Hospital which is a large fast-paced environment comprised of a team of dedicated individuals. The role of the Emergency and ICU Veterinary Assistant includes, but is not limited to, obtaining medical histories, maintaining the flow of appointments throughout the shift, taking radiographs, performing venipuncture, client education and more. The veterinary assistant must be able to work with cats, dogs, and exotic species.
• Assist doctors with examinations on emergency patients
• Assist veterinary technicians with treatments and patient care
• Participate in patient care and diagnostics including lab work, exams, and treatments
• Utilize IMPROMED to input of charges and data into medical record
• Set up and perform radiographs
• Stock and clean treatment room
• Send out lab work and perform in house bloodwork using IDEXX/ABAXIS lab equipment
• Administer SQ fluids, injections and perform blood draws and IVC placement
• Ability to work in a highly collaborative environment
• Excellent communication and organizational skills
• Minimum of 3 months experience as a veterinary assistant (waived if currently enrolled in veterinary education program)
• Knowledge of commonly used medications
This job is physically active and requires frequent bending and standing for long periods of time. It requires routine lifting and restraining animals. Must be able to lift up to 40lbs.
Full time and all shifts available.
Flexible work schedule (ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays)
Medical/Dental/Vision offered; CE allowance, 401K, paid time off and discounted veterinary care.
Mount Laurel Animal Hospital is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer–Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation/Age.
- Critical Care
- Diagnostic Skills
- Health Care