To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dayton, OH
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Senior Software Engineer -Open Architecture
Alion Science and Technology Corporation • Dayton, OH
Posted 28 days ago
The Fairborn Ohio Division is seeking a broadly skilled software engineer to lead an Open Architecture (OA) project development both inside and outside of the Alion laboratory, in developing, modifying, and verifying software and hardware conformance to existing OA standards and technologies. This candidate will develop lab capabilities to support customer requirements; integrate software systems into the lab’s computer systems; interface with technical teams; work with customers to solve their system interface problems; and provide in-depth analytical support. The engineer will provide work leadership and training to less experienced engineers, as well as perform additional duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Define specifications for complex software programming applications and/or oversees the maintenance of existing programs to ensure continued performance and compliance with current guidelines and standards.
- Perform all necessary aspects of the programming phase of software development including coding, testing, debugging and documenting using current guidelines and standards.
- Develop architecture requirements and performance standards to meet customer specifications.
- Participates in the analysis and development of test plans.
- Test assigned components and units, provides test results and recommends corrections.
- Identify and directs resolution of complex hardware/software interface issues or other technical problems.
- Research and develop prospective applications and products and maintains current knowledge of relevant technologies.
The candidate must have experience with existing and emerging OA standards, software development, operating systems, system interfaces, and data modeling. A working knowledge of avionics, electronic warfare, sensors, flight controls, or other aircraft subsystems is highly desired. The candidate will also be able to define, analyze, and review software requirements to meet defined/anticipated customer needs, system quality metrics, and performance standards.
- Active Department of Defense (DoD) Secret Clearance
- BS and 7 years in Computer Engineering, Computer Science, or related fields is required
- MS preferred
- Avionics software development experience in C, C++, Java, and/or Ada
- Understanding and identification of various network protocol weaknesses
- Familiarity with OA interface standards development processes
- Working knowledge of secure design techniques to improve application security posture
- Working knowledge and application of the Future Airborne Capability Environment (FACETM) and Open Mission Systems (OMS) standards and functions
- Operating System interfaces (e.g. POSIX, ARINC 629, 429, 1553)
- DoD research, development, acquisition, logistics, and sustainment
- Transport services (e.g. CORBA, DDS)
- Hardware-in-the-loop development/operations, testing and HW/SW interface troubleshooting
- Graphics experience with OpenGL and/or Vulkan
- ARINC Characteristics, Reports, and Specifications (e.g. 739A-1, 664, 653P1-3)
- Networking technologies (e.g. IETF RFCs)
- Data/Language Modeling (e.g. IDL, MOF, OCL)
- Military simulator HW/SW operations
- Airworthiness Certification (e.g. DO-178)
- Operational Flight Programs (OFPs)
Women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and veterans are encouraged to apply. Alion will provide a reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans who need assistance to apply. Please visit the Alion Careers site for more information
U.S. Citizenship Required.