Accountants, don't get lost in the numbers! Our client has an immediate opportunity for a Senior Accountant. Instead of being another faceless resume, let Vaco advocate for you. At Vaco, we give you an advantage over your competition! Our recruiters have direct relationships with hiring managers, so they can connect your work experience to the open job-promoting your strengths to the manager while preparing you for that specific interview.
Our recruiters will provide you with great insight about trends in the market-keeping you up to date on compensation expectations, company culture and growth opportunities. If you're an experienced Accountant and you want to partner with the best, apply today!
As a Senior Accountant your typical day may involve:
Essential Job Functions
- Assist with annual budgeting and forecasting
- Perform monthly general ledger and bank reconciliations and daily cash reporting
- Maintain general ledger accounts, providing monthly account analysis, and reconciling balance sheet accounts
- Monitor tenant billing and cash receipts
- Assist with month-end close and preparation of monthly and quarterly financial reporting packages for clients
- Prepare journal entries for client properties
- Enforce GAAP accounting principles and company policies
- Ensure compliance with internal control compliance efforts for assigned accounting and financial reporting areas
- Train and develop accounting staff to strengthen skills and knowledge
- Special projects as needed
Education and Experience Requested
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting with minimum of 5+ years accounting experience
- Previous real estate accounting experience preferred but not required
- Ability to comprehend, analyze and interpret financial statements various types of internal management reports
- Ability to review and analyze budgets
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Proficiency in MS Office programs as well as general ledger applications and specific real estate related programs such as Yardi and MRI
- Superior customer service skills and orientation. Collaborative style needed. Ability to maintain professionalism at all times under stressful situations
As a Senior Accountant, you'll have the opportunity to leverage your financial expertise, organizational skills, and multi-tasking abilities. It's a great opportunity to take your accounting career to the next level!
Here's what you will need to succeed as a Senior Accountant:
• Bachelor's in Accounting or Finance
• 2+ years of experience
• CPA or CPA candidate
• Public accounting experience; Big 4, desired
• Proficient in business related software: Microsoft Excel, Word, Access, etc.
Standard Accounting Practices