ITAC is helping a great organization in Birmingham, AL as they search for an IT Technician. This person will be responsible for providing technical support to a wide variety of end user technologies. This person will be able to perform in a professional environment and be a team player. Apply Today!
What you’ll be doing (duties of this position):
- Responds to help desk call tickets including logging, follow-up and closure
- Match or exceed published service levels of response and quality
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer’s problems, issues and requests
- Windows/Intel hardware and peripheral support, repair/replacement and break/fix
- Complex software integration and application support, installation and upgrades
- 24/7 emergency support on call on a rotational basis
- Asset, inventory and reporting tracking and updates
- Work with applicable Technician related vendors and service providers
- Contribution to technology guidelines, policies and procedures
- Participation and contribution to various IT Department projects and initiatives
What you’ll need to be considered (requirements):
- Bachelors Degree in Computer Science preferred
- At least 2-3 years in a computer end user support role preferably in a professional services office environment
- Expert knowledge of Windows OS (XP and Windows 7)
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Office applications and PC hardware and peripherals
- Intermediate knowledge of networks and client/server technology
- Demonstrated ability and desire to learn new technologies and skills
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Detail minded and good organizational skills
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Strong time-management skills and ability to multi-task
- Strong client service focus and ability to work effectively in a team environment
- Self-motivation and ability to work with minimal supervision
- Various physical activity may be required
Server (Computer Science)
Based on Job Title, Location and Skills
Apply to this job.
Think you're the perfect candidate?
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Report this job
Report this Job
Once a job has been reported, we will investigate it further. If you require a response, submit your question or concern to our
Trust and Site Security Team
Job ID: BHJOB8234_24076
privacy and protection,
when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder
Terms and Conditions
for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the
Terms and Conditions
and both meet and comply with their provisions.
Founded in Birmingham, Alabama in 2000 and initially focused on placing IT and Accounting professionals (hence the name "ITAC") in temporary/contract, contract to hire and direct hire positions with clients throughout the country.
ITAC has four offices (click here for our locations) led by a management team mostly comprised of owners in the business, built on decades of industry and corporate staffing experience. We're now also connecting professionals in fields like Engineering, Marketing, Human Resources and all those other roles that keep the wheels turning in every company (where phrases like "heavy lifting" and "sharp objects" only apply to copy paper and staples, respectively).
View the full profile