To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Leeds, AL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Application Engineer - Leeds, AL
Hubbell Inc • Leeds, AL
Posted 29 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
At HPS, we build products that provide mission critical infrastructure and that deliver communications and power to millions of people worldwide. In our business, failure is not an option. Therefore, we manufacture products of uncompromising integrity and it starts with our quality policy. We hold our partners, our suppliers and ourselves to the highest standard to ensure we exceed all the technical and functional expectations of our customers.
Hubbell Incorporated engages in the design, manufacture, and sale of electrical and electronic products in the United States and internationally. It operates in three segments: Electrical, Power, and Industrial Technology.
1615 Moores Avenue
Leeds, AL 35094
The Application Engineer will support customers, customer service representatives, sales managers, field engineers, agents, and Hubbell subsidiaries by providing technical support and sustaining their efforts in promoting/selling distribution protection and control products. In this role, the Application Engineer will gain a deep understanding of the capabilities and operation of assigned product lines and not only resolve immediate customer issues but understands that every customer interaction presents an opportunity to foresee and prevent potential future issues. The Application Engineer will prepare pricing and technical data for quotations. In this role the Application Engineer will act as liaison between engineering, manufacturing, and sales to resolve issues and improve products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide sales and technical support using troubleshooting and analytical skills for questions pertaining to assigned products to end users, channel partners, sales, and customer service for domestic and international markets.
- Provide pricing, class code, technical information (drawings, test reports, etc.), and product selection for quotations to customer service representatives, field sales, agents, and/or Hubbell subsidiaries and directly to customers when necessary and required
- Provide demonstration and training of products to customer service representatives, field representatives, agents, and/or Hubbell subsidiaries and directly to customers when necessary and required
- Review orders for proper application of products, price, and delivery
- Review quotations for order terms and conditions of sale
- Review customer product specifications
- Create marketing brochures, technical literature, product specification documents and application white papers that explain product functionality, use cases, implementation, and competitive cross references of assigned products for internal and external use
- Aid in organization and presentation of material for seminars, industry meetings, and trade shows
- Provide recommendations on application of products using calculations, software, drawings, testimonials, and industry-accepted standards to support recommendation
- Identify new product opportunities based on customer needs, market gaps, latest product technologies, innovations, and competitive landscape
- Ability to travel (up to 25%) on business related trips
Skills and Experience
- 3 to 5 years customer interfacing experience and technical support, as well as general knowledge of power distribution systems.
- Experience in Electric Utility Industry preferred
- Experience in Application Engineering, Sales (or) Product Engineering desirable
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including the ability to communicate detaile technical information to an audience with various levels of technical understanding.
- Experience with SAP and MS Office software preferred
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced atmosphere
Bachelors Degree in Electrical Engineering
Hubbell Incorporated, its subsidiaries and affiliates, is an EO Employer AA: M/F/Veteran/Disability. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other protected class.