APEX is looking to fill a Medical Device Assembler position for one of our cutting edge, high quality Class III medical device manufacturers ASAP.
Location: Campbell, CA
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Reads work orders, follows production drawings and sample assemblies, or receives verbal instructions regarding duties to be performed.
- Works semi-independently to perform operations under minimal supervision.
- Ability to perform and demonstrate all Manufacturing procedures after training.
- Compliance to all applicable Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and adherence to CER gowning and personnel hygiene requirements.
- Ability to train and lead operators on manufacturing procedures and all applicable SOPs including CER gowning and personnel hygiene requirements.
- Accurately completes all essential documents (i.e., Lab Notebooks, Device Master Records (DMR’s), Lot History Records (LHR’s), Inspection records and validation documentation.
- Positions and aligns parts in specified relationship to each other in jig, fixture, or other holding device.
- Crimps, stakes, screws, bolts, rivets, welds, solders, cements, press fits, or perform similar operations to join or secure parts in place.
- Performs intermediate assembly tasks, such as pad printing, adhesive bonding, hot air bonding, balloon bonding, etching wires, swaging shafts, fusing skiving shafts, folding, marking, braiding, coiling, and perform leak testing.
- Adjusts and trims materials from components to achieve specified medical or dimensional characteristics.
- Performs online go-not-go testing and inspection to ensure parts and assemblies meet production specifications and standards.
- Packages finished assemblies or subassemblies in clear plastic bags.
- Ability to inspect work-in-process to documented quality standards.
- Working understanding of Just-In-Time assembly procedures such as lot control, line clearance forms, and material requisitions.
- Monitor (each morning and throughout the day) the sign-off of routing paperwork and verify the in-process testing (ex. Pull Tests) is done on time and accurately.
COMPETENCIES: To perform this job successfully, and individual should demonstrate the following competencies:
- Interpersonal Skills – Maintains confidentiality.
- Oral and Written Communication – Listens and gets clarification. Writes clearly and informatively; Able to read and interpret written information.
- Teamwork – Balances team and individual responsibilities; Contributes to building a positive team spirit.
- Motivation and Planning/Organizing - Measures self against standard of excellence. Uses time efficiently.
- Professionalism – Approaches others in a tactful manner; Reacts well under pressure; Treats others with respect and consideration regardless of their status or position; Accepts responsibility for own actions; Follows through on commitments.
- Quality – Demonstrates accuracy and thoroughness; Looks for ways to improve and promote quality; Applies feedback to improve performance; Monitors own work to ensure quality.
- Quantity – Meets productivity standards; Completes work in a timely manner; Strives to increase productivity; Works quickly.
- Safety and Security – Observes all safety and security procedures; Determines appropriate action beyond guidelines; Reports potentially unsafe conditions; Uses equipment and materials properly.
- Adaptability – Adapts to changes in the work environment; Manages competing demands; Changes approach or method to best fit the situation; Able to deal with frequent changes, delays, or unexpected events.
- Attendance/Punctuality – Is consistently at work on time; Arrives at meetings and appointments on time.
- Dependability – Follows instructions, responds to management direction; Takes responsibility for own actions; Keeps commitments; Commits to long hours of work when necessary to reach goals; Completes tasks on time or notifies appropriate person with an alternate plan.
- Initiative – Volunteers readily; Undertakes self-development activities; Asks for and offers help when needed.
- Innovation – Generates suggestions for improving work.
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178