Systems Engineer- Spring Intern 2023Take your next career step at ABB with a global team that is energizing the transformation of society and industry to achieve a more productive, sustainable future.
At ABB, we have the clear goal of driving diversity and inclusion across all dimensions: gender, LGBTQ+, abilities, ethnicity and generations. Together, we are embarking on a journey where each and every one of us, individually and collectively, welcomes and celebrates individual differences.
ABB Energy Industries is enabling safe, smart and sustainable projects and operations for businesses across the oil, gas, chemicals, life sciences, power generation and water sectors. Driving integrated solutions that automate, digitalize and electrify industry we connect our people and technology to help our customers adapt and succeed. With over 50 years domain expertise, we continue to innovate and reshape traditional approaches across the energy sector with our technologies designed to improve operational efficiency, reduce risk, reduce energy consumption and waste.
The role reports to the Senior Electrical / Electronics Engineer and is located in Houston, Texas.
Systems engineering consists of the design, development and introduction of distributed control systems, electrical & power systems, and/or telecommunications systems to effectively utilize state-of-the-art developments encompassing various engineering and related fields and associated products to support a wide range of industrial customers.Your responsibilities
- Work with an engineering team to assist with various aspects of our control systems, electrical, or telecommunications projects for clients including hardware/software/system design and testing
- Troubleshoot and resolve routine problems and assist the engineering team in resolving more complex issues
- Use computer programs to perform various engineering operations, conduct analyses and provide related data and information
- Limited travel may be required
More about us
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Engineering degree program in the US preferably Electrical, Mechanical, Chemical or Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- 3.0 minimum GPA
- Junior or Senior year
- Must be currently authorized to work for ABB in the US
- Proficient in the use of MS Office, specifically, Word, Excel & Visio
- Strategic approach to problem solving, ability to analyze complex issues
- Good communication skills
- Strong customer focus
- Ability to work well in a team-oriented environment
We look forward to receiving your application. If you want to discover more about ABB, take another look at our website www.abb.com.
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Systems Engineer- Spring Intern 2023 http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/pdf/OFCCP_EEO_Supplement_Final_JRF_QA_508c.pdf
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at
or by sending an email to [ Email address blocked ] - Click here to apply to Systems Engineer- Spring Intern 2023
. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
- Computer Engineering
- Control Systems
- Information Technology
- Microsoft Excel
- Microsoft Office