To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Wake Forest, NC 27587
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Engineer
Experis • Wake Forest, NC
Posted 2 months ago
Experis is seeking candidates for a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Engineer in Wake Forest, NC on a long term contract. The position will provide technical leadership in the design, installation, upgrade, configuration, and implementation of VMwares End-User Computing (EUC) products including but not limited to Horizon View, App Volumes, User Environment Manager, Workspace ONE, ThinApp, and vRealize Operations for Horizon.
Note: Resource must be available to work onsite at client facility in Raleigh, NC. No remote work.
- Operational support of all Windows system administration within the EUC space including Windows Server and Windows Desktop Operating systems.
- Deploy and maintain secure desktop images in the VMware virtual desktop Infrastructure in accordance with policies and industry standards
- Centrally store, manage, and maintain user preferences and data
- Manage and maintain VMware AppVolumes managers, databases, App Stacks and writable volumes
- May be required to create time sensitive deliverables
- May lead project teams within assigned unit develop, plan and manage project tasks
- Participate in the preparation of materials and oral presentations for customers and management
- Play a lead role in meetings relating to specific technical projects or tasks
- Respond promptly to incidents in ServiceNow
- Assigned responsibility for advanced technical issues in the environment for problem resolution
- Diagnose and repair system problems working closely with vendor support for all servers, software and other hardware directly or with the team members
- Define, monitor, optimize, and troubleshoot system performance of all EUC systems
- Bachelor's Degree and minimum 5 years of experience OR 4 years of additional experience.
- MUST have direct experience installing, configuring, and managing VMware software products including Horizon View, App Volumes, User Environment Manager, Workspace ONE, ThinApp, and vRealize Operations for Horizon.
- Understanding of data center networking (TCP/IP, switching/routing, ports and protocols, firewall concepts, load-balancing)
- Basic understanding of storage protocols (e.g. NFS, SMB, S3, FC, iSCSI, NVMe)
- Good knowledge of Active Directory, DHCP, DNS, Group Policy.
- Knowledge of MS Windows desktop operating systems including Windows 10 and MS Server 2012 & 2012 R2.
- Knowledge of MS database server SQL Server 2008 R2, 2012, 2012 R2 or 2014.
- Experience with hardening and improving the security of Windows operating systems and hardware platforms, local area networks, wide area networks, messaging, and client-server applications.
- Ability to develop and maintain IT documentation.
- Comfortable working in and making registry edits.
- Current VMware Certification (preferably VCP6-DTM, VCP7-DTM, VCAP6-DTM, or VCAP7-DTM)
- Strong background in Desktop Virtualization: VMware vSphere, VMware Horizon, Citrix; Microsoft RDS
- Dell Wyse Configuration Manager experience and knowledge
- Experience in a large enterprise environment
- Knowledge of SAN to include network operating systems, SAN protocols, SAN management, and SAN physical configuration.
- Knowledge of MSI and Windows Installer technologies for creating ThinApps and App Stacks
Experis is an Equal Opportunity Employer (EOE/AA)