Opportunities with Genoa Healthcare. A career with Genoa Healthcare means you're part of a collaborative effort to serve behavioral health and addiction treatment communities. We do more than just provide medicine: we change lives for the better. People with serious mental or chronic illness – and those who care for them – have moving stories, and at Genoa we become their voice, their partner. Working as part of a coordinated care team, we partner with community-based providers and others to ensure that people with complex health conditions get the right medications and are able to follow their treatment plans. Our personalized services – in-clinic pharmacies, telepsychiatry and medication management – are leading the way to a new level of care.
We recently joined OptumRx, a pharmacy care services company that is part of Optum and UnitedHealth Group’s family of businesses. We are part of a leading information and technology-enabled health services business dedicated to making the health system work better for everyone. Take a closer look to learn why a career with Genoa Healthcare might be the path to discovering your life's best work.SM
We seek a Pharmacy Technician Per Diem to support all functions of the Genoa Healthcare mental health pharmacy, primarily through dispensing medical prescriptions, and performing necessary clerical duties while under the direct supervision of a registered pharmacist.
- This is a Casual, On-Call, Per Diem, or PRN position that will cover PTO for Full-Time employees of Genoa Healthcare
- Provide exceptional customer service to all patients and members of the clinic staff
- Under direct supervision of the registered pharmacist, fills prescription orders and makes them available for verification by the Pharmacist. Once verified by the pharmacist, dispenses the prescriptions.
- Order, receive, and store incoming pharmacy supplies.
- Receive and process wholesaler medication orders.
- Verify medication stock and enter data in computer to maintain inventory records.
- Help maintain a clean organized work environment.
- Perform various clerical duties relating to the department.
- Work with the pharmacist to assist in the pharmacy functions and keeping the pharmacy in compliance with all federal and state requirements.
- Occasional medication delivery to consumers.
- Other Duties as assigned.
- Must be a licensed Pharmacy Technician in the state you are applying to.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office and telephone protocol. Duties require professional verbal and written communication skills.
- Driving is required, mileage reimbursed at $.545/mile
- PTCB Certification is preferred, but not required for all states
- 1+ year of Pharmacy Technician experience
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment. In addition, employees in certain positions are subject to random drug testing
Job Keywords: Pharmacy Technician, Pharm Tech, Prince Frederick, MD, Maryland, Pharmacy, Pharmaceutical, PTCB, NHA, CPhT, ExCPT, PRN, Per Diem
Maintain Patient Confidentiality
Verify Insurance Coverage
Support To Pharmacists
Unit Dose Medications