Newcomb and Company - Raleigh, NC
About Us: Founded in 1954, Newcomb and Company is a full-service mechanical contractor providing customers in the commercial, residential, and industrial sectors with innovative, energy efficient heating and air conditioning services, automation and controls, industrial piping, new-construction design and installation, and maintenance and replacement services.
Job Title: Commercial Maintenance Technician
Department: Service Division
Reports to: Service Field Manager
GENERAL PURPOSE OF JOB:
To perform all aspects of commercial maintenance duties for commercial contract customers. To service HVAC equipment to all Newcomb and Company customers at equipment manufacturers standards. To perform all duties in a professional manner as a front line representative of Newcomb and Company.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Must possess a valid driver’s license certificate and meet all required physical ability, efforts, and exertions to perform job duties.
- To possess or secure an EPA refrigerant certificate within company guidelines.
- Ability to work in outdoor weather and temperature extremes designated by company policy.
- Report for work each morning at the scheduled time to receive daily work assignments from commercial dispatcher.
- To perform on a professional level, all scheduled maintenance and testing to equipment on the contract equipment list.
- Operate various measuring and testing equipment required to perform scheduled maintenance and related testing.
- Record and report to commercial maintenance dispatcher any possible repairs or further diagnostics needed.
- To complete legibly all required check sheets, transfers, time cards, recording of parts used, and paper work necessary to complete a maintenance service.
- Responsible to work in a safe manner and maintain all efforts with respect to safety and protection to self, personnel, and all customer and company property.
- To remain in contact with commercial dispatch manager and Service Field Manager for information needs and or schedule changes.
- To maintain and use company vehicle per all company policies and standards. This includes appearance and maintenance to the inside and outside of the vehicle.
- To follow the directions of the Service Field Manager.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- This listing of Primary and Secondary Duties and Responsibilities is not all-inclusive but rather an outline of job duties and responsibilities.
- To restock truck as needed to have adequate approved parts, supplies, and materials on hand.
- Participate in training classes; and to enroll in courses to upgrade technical capabilities when applicable.
- Develop good communication skills, both oral and written when applicable.
- Perform after-hour contract maintenance calls when applicable.
We offer our employees a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package and are always looking for individuals with the talent and skills required to contribute to our continued growth and success. Equal Opportunity Employer.