To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Dallas, TX
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Instructional Designer - Eden Prairie, MN or US Telecommute
UnitedHealth Group • Dallas, TX
Posted 6 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Energize your career with one of Healthcare’s fastest growing companies.
You dream of a great career with a great company – where you can make an impact and help people. We dream of giving you the opportunity to do just this. And with the incredible growth of our business, it’s a dream that definitely can come true. Already one of the world’s leading Healthcare companies, UnitedHealth Group is restlessly pursuing new ways to operate our service centers, improve our service levels and help people lead healthier lives. We live for the opportunity to make a difference and right now, we are living it up.
This opportunity is with one of our most exciting business areas: Optum – a growing part of our family of companies that make UnitedHealth Group a Fortune 6 leader.
Optum helps nearly 60 million Americans live their lives to the fullest by educating them about their symptoms, conditions and treatments; helping them to navigate the system, finance their healthcare needs and stay on track with their health goals. No other business touches so many lives in such a positive way. And we do it all with every action focused on our shared values of Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation & Performance.
Here, you're expected and empowered to be your best, to grow and to develop your skills. Join us and help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.
Positions in this function are responsible for conducting training needs analysis for the business and developing all training materials, communications and activities to meet the organization's job / role requirements. Involves conducting ongoing evaluations and assessments to ensure effectiveness of programs and recommending / implementing modifications as necessary. May work with SMEs to obtain training content. May include design and development of online and web-based training materials.
- Develop Training Curriculum
- Design curriculum and deliverables
- Work Planning as it pertains to building training curriculum
- Participate in Train the Trainer process
- Collaborate on a daily basis with others
- Communicating across different lines and levels of business
- Work within a matrix organization
- Design / Develop e-learning
- Follow ADDIE model
- Other responsibilities as needed and assigned by leadership
- Generally work is self-directed and not prescribed
- Works with less structured, more complex issues
- Serves as a resource to others
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) or equivalent experience
- 5+ years of Instructional Design experience
- Demonstrate and apply knowledge of appropriate tools and resources used to develop training content (e.g., Articulate, Captivate, Flash, Adobe Suite, SnagIt, DreamWeaver, LMS, video development)
- Experience developing learning assessments for use before or during training delivery (e.g., scenarios, case studies, questions, quizzes, knowledge checks)
- Experience using Microsoft PowerPoint (ability to build and edit a presentation from a template), Microsoft Excel (ability to navigate through a spreadsheet), Microsoft Word (ability to create and edit a document), and Microsoft Outlook (ability to send emails and meeting invites)
- Experience developing tools / resources for evaluating / measuring post-training learning effectiveness (e.g., surveys, interviews, focus groups, observations checklists)
- Ability to work 8:00 am - 5:00 pm CST Monday through Friday
- Previous Instructional Delivery experience
- Previous Project Management and / or Work Plan management
- Previous Training Delivery experience
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: Design, Curriculum, Trainer, Senior, Instructional Design, Optum, UnitedHealth Group