If you are located in the state of CO, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life's best work.SM
This position is part-time (20 hours/week) Monday - Friday. Employees are required to have flexibility to work during our normal business hours of (8:00am - 5:00pm).
If you are located in the CO area, you will have the flexibility to telecommute* as you take on some tough challenges.
Training will be conducted virtually from your home.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Provide information to clients, family members, and other stakeholders about treatment options, natural supports/community resources, to aid in member recovery from substance use.
- Provide encouragement and motivation to members considering treatment or recently discharged from treatment.
- Give presentations to clients, family members and professionals as needed.
- Assist UM/CM staff to identify strengths and needs of the clients.
- Assist members in developing and maintaining a personal wellness plan, as appropriate.
- Attend staffings and/or team meetings, as appropriate.
- Adhere to documentation and confidentiality requirements, as appropriate.
- Assist members in understanding, seeking and achieving the best possible outcomes as described in their Service Plans, especially those representing the main client problems/ issues/ needs.
- Serve as a strong role model to members.
- Other duties as assigned by manager.
This is a challenging role with serious impact. You’ll need to sort through complex situations to understand and clarify where errors happened or where they may continue to happen. It’s a fast paced environment that takes focus, intensity and resilience.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher)
- 1+ years of experience with substance disorders
- Working knowledge of substance disorders
- Must have a reliable transportation that will enable you to travel to client and/or patient sites within the designated area
- Must have basic computer skills.
- You will be provisioned with appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) and are required to perform this role with patients and members on site, as this is an essential function of this role
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Recovery Peer Support Specialist certification preferred
- Relevant experience to perform the functions of a mentor.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good judgment in maintaining responsibilities of the position in advocating for the best interest of members served
- High level of ability with oral and written communication.
- Ability to work effectively with diverse individuals and groups
- Must reside in the Grand Junction, CO area
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high - speed internet connection or leverage an existing high - speed internet service
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. At this time, 90% of our non - clinical workforce transitioned to a work at home (remote) status. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Part - Time Recovery Support Specialist - Work from Home
Careers at UnitedHealthcare Community & State. Challenge brings out the best in us. It also attracts the best. That's why you'll find some of the most amazingly talented people in healthcare here. We serve the healthcare needs of low income adults and children with debilitating illnesses such as Cardiovascular Disease, Diabetes, HIV / AIDS and High - risk Pregnancy. Our holistic, outcomes - based approach considers social, behavioral, economic, physical and environmental factors. Join us. Work with proactive Healthcare, Community, and Government partners to heal healthcare and create positive change for those who need it most. This is the place to do your life’s best work.SM
We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Part - Time Recovery Support Specialist - Work from Home
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible. [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Part - Time Recovery Support Specialist - Work from Home
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $17.12 to $30.34. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug - free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment
Keywords: Advocate, sobriety, community health, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, Grand Junction, CO, #RPO